Hybrid bike advice needed

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Jambo, 10 Jun 2008.

  1. Jambo

    Jambo New Member

    Hi,

    Searching google for some advice I came across this place so thought I'd register.

    I'm planning to buy a bike in the next couple of weeks, and I'm finding it tough to come to a decision on what to get.

    Although I haven't owned a bike for about 5 years, I used to own a Specialisezd Rockhopper which got a fair bit of abuse. mainly off-road, but I also used it for commuting occasionally.

    The new one will get less of the abuse and more of the commute.

    I'd say 90% of the time the bike will be used for my commute to and from work, and the other 10% for some fairly light off-roading.

    There are two bikes I've been looking at; The Charge Mixer and The Cotic Roadrat, which I believe Brixton Cycles can spec to a similar level as the Mixer for a similar price.

    I'm leaning toward the Cotic as it seems a little more suited to taking a few knocks.

    Does anyone have any advice on my shortlist. Or some suitable alternatives?

    My budget is £700.

    Cheers.
     
  2. John the Monkey

    John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

    Location:
    Crewe
    Have you seen the Bikeradar review? They liked the Roadrat, for what it's worth.

    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/roadrat-10010

    I've seen Planet X' "Uncle John" cross bike frames built up into flat bar style hybrids too
    , e.g. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24233 on sale at Chain Reaction.
     
  3. fossyant

    fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

    Location:
    South Manchester
    Scott Sub's - they look pretty neat ! 26" and 700c varieties as well.
     
  4. Bugner

    Bugner New Member

    Location:
    Sarf London
    Have you looked at the Specialized Tricross Sport? £700. Just ordered myself one :-)
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice