Hybrid bike max budget £650

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I with @Jenkins the seat post is not that long something either in the or seat post collar is still not loose enough to allow the post to move. Have you removed the whole seat post to see if it’s not damaged or not in right? As for contacting them live chat or phone them see what they say.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I had the same thing with my Tour de Fer, just sawed off an inch and a half of seat post and all fine.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sounds like the seat post is the wrong post . Easily remedied by getting them to send you the correct one or cut that one down.

OP
OP
Y

yoyo887

here's some more photos, the seat post is quite a bit in and still very high, I think your right could easily be a wrong seat post maybe for a hardtail mountain bike,

Attachments

• bike2.png
    bike2.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 9
  • bik1.png
    bik1.png
    288.1 KB · Views: 9

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Precisely @yoyo887 that's why I say it’s too long. Get the hacksaw out or get the seller to send you the correct length.
You could even do both, I doubt they'll want the wrong one back

Last edited:
Hacksaw job.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
here's some more photos, the seat post is quite a bit in and still very high, I think your right could easily be a wrong seat post maybe for a hardtail mountain bike,

If the scuffed bit is all that you can get in the seat tube, then that is way too long and no wonder it's being stopped by where the bottle cage bolts are. Either a hacksaw job if it's an aluminium post or get Ribble to send the correct one if carbon.

Alex321

Veteran
yes the seat and post was not assembled so I had to do it which is easy as I've done it on my pervious bikes, yes the collar loosened only after realising it was not going to go down further I undone the bottle cage bolts which yielded in the same result , I will have to contact them about the lights it, is live chat with them my best bet?

well we just tried to sit on it, I'll admit I've not put the pedals on yet as I was going to do that last but even so, it is very high

You should NOT be able to "just sit on it" with your feet on the ground. If you can get both feet touching the ground while sat on the saddle of an upright bike, then your legs will be bending too much when you pedal for comfort or efficiency.

The most common rough and ready measure is that if you sit on the bike (somebody else holding it up, or hold on to something to keep it upright) with the heel of your foot on the pedal at its lowest point, your leg should be almost straight (but not quite).

Though as others have said, that seatpost is too long as well.

tom73

Guru
Just cut it down to fit a simple job then you can get on and enjoy yourself, contact them and say you want the right one by all means.
Even with the slight problems it's still a lovely bike.

Top Bottom