hybrid choice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpiste

Guru
Hi all, I`m new to the forum and fairly new to cycling.
At the moment I have a cheap and cheerful MTB but want to upgrade to a (cheap and cheerful) hybrid.
I`m looking for something to extend my recently found love of cycling that will get me to work and also
be good as a leisure bike.I don`t see myself doing more than 20 miles at this moment in time but I
would hope to improve as the fitness comes on.

Now then,after that long into, Ive been looking at several bikes in the £300-350 bracket and was wondering
if you had any thoughts on the following:
GT transeo 4.0
Kona dew 2010
ridgeback velocity
Fuji absolute

Sorry the list isn`t any smaller but I`m really struggling to find what is likely to be best for the job.
At the moment I do like the look of the GT transeo but looks mean nothing really.
Thanks in advance

rajthakur090

Hi all, I`m new to the forum and fairly new to cycling.
At the moment I have a cheap and cheerful MTB but want to upgrade to a (cheap and cheerful) hybrid.
I`m looking for something to extend my recently found love of cycling that will get me to work and also
be good as a leisure bike.I don`t see myself doing more than 20 miles at this moment in time but I
would hope to improve as the fitness comes on.

Now then,after that long into, Ive been looking at several bikes in the £300-350 bracket and was wondering
if you had any thoughts on the following:
GT transeo 4.0
Kona dew 2010
ridgeback velocity
Fuji absolute

Sorry the list isn`t any smaller but I`m really struggling to find what is likely to be best for the job.
At the moment I do like the look of the GT transeo but looks mean nothing really.
Thanks in advance

I used to take my Ducati Monster 900 to work everyday...It was a bit of struggle as I felt like i'll scratch it against a car or something....Was looking for a nice and light bike...Recently got this "Bianchi Camaleonte 1 (V-Brake)"..The price range that you've thought of is quite decent for a Hybrid. You can check out some of those here on a fanpage on Facebook called "trackandtrail "!!

I used to take my Ducati Monster 900 to work everyday...It was a bit of struggle as I felt like i'll scratch it against a car or something....Was looking for a nice and light bike...Recently got this "Bianchi Camaleonte 1 (V-Brake)"..The price range that you've thought of is quite decent for a Hybrid. You can check out some of those here on a fanpage on Facebook called "trackandtrail "!!

I am starting to get the impression that 'rajthakur090' is a spammer. Every post mentions track and trail facebook group but adds nothing to OP's question.
angry.gif

Paul_L

Über Member
it's slightly above your price range but i recently got a Merida Crossway 40MD at £380.

It's not a brand i'd heard of before, but i think it's a respected brand. A very comfortable ride it is to.

I've got a Ridgeback Velocity a great cheap and cheerful bike and it has been very robust and handles well, it suffers from a creaky adjustable quil stem though (or at least the 07 model did), greasing of the wedge for the adjustable stem is needed to quieting that. The furthest it has ever been is 60 something miles on a social ride but if I was travelling at any speed for distance its a bit heavy to be practical, it behave admirably for the commute though (only 5 miles).

Other bikes to consider may be the Carrera Subway from Hellfrauds (great bike, shame about some of their staff) or the Spezialised Globe.

I've no experience of the other bikes all I can say is try before you buy and pick the one that feels most comfortable.

Top Bottom