Hybrid choices for a newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
If people said to me the boardman is amazing and worth waiting for i probably would wait. But the trek seems to be the way to go plus just found it a little cheaper in grey with Evans 😀. Thanks for help
I’d buy from a decent local bike shop like Balfes than Ashley’s Evans...and blue is soooo much nicer than grey!
(a friend of mine waited about 4 months for Evans to deliver his Trek C2W bike and that was long before Covid, so do check they can actually fulfil the order!)
Also check which C2W scheme your work offers if you’ve not already done so, don’t think Evans take Halfords vouchers for example.
Add the cost of any accessories that you may need to the voucher amount and order alongside the bike

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I have the Giant Escape 1 Disc. No complaints.

Tommohawk

I have the Giant Escape 0 disc 2021. Good all rounder although I noticed the price has increased by £100 since I bought it.

Midsrider

Out of the bikes I would go for the FX2, I am a fan of this bike and looking at getting one for my wife who loves the look of it too.

One thing which I would not be too sure of is the delivery dates of the bikes on Balfe's website. They are saying FX2 are in stock for next week. Unless they had a LOT of back orders ! I know Trek had a lot of demand for this bike and UK was getting a short supply....but if I am wrong...they go for the FX2 and the Blue is a great colour !

Top Bottom