Hybrid/Fitness /Gravel / Commuter bike hi people looking for a bike to fit these categories .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GDS68

My shortlist
Orbea carpe 20
Marin Presidio 1
Marin Dsx or Dsx 1
Specialized sirrus x2.0
Trek fx3
I'd love any feedback please.
Thanks Graham

vickster

Legendary Member
Can you post links to the specs for each.
Best bet is to try them all and see which you like/fits you best

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
@GDS68 welcome to Cycle Chat! :welcome:
You can post links on here: just copy the link, or picture and copy on here.
Downloadable PDFs are a bit long winded :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

SpokeyDokey

The Marin DSX1 has a good solid spec' and is right at the top of your budget. Nice piece of kit.

You should be able to haggle 10% off the price quite easily.

Re the bikes equipped with Microshift components: I know very little about these - someone else may have an opinion and some input.

Make sure that you have budgeted for all the extras you will need if you are not already a cyclist.

cycling_eejit

Über Member
I was looking for a similar bike about 6 months ago. Looked at the Trek Fx3 and was interested in the Marin DSX but no stockists near me.
I decided I would prefer a double chainring so that ruled a few out.
Eventually the bike that seemed to best meet my needs and looked to be the best value for money was a Cube SL Road Pro.
(Think it's been renamed as Cube Nulane for 2023, so you might be able to get last year's one a bit cheaper).
I've been very happy with the bike, whether it's any better than the others on your list, I can't say.

SpokeyDokey

I was looking for a similar bike about 6 months ago. Looked at the Trek Fx3 and was interested in the Marin DSX but no stockists near me.
I decided I would prefer a double chainring so that ruled a few out.
Eventually the bike that seemed to best meet my needs and looked to be the best value for money was a Cube SL Road Pro.
(Think it's been renamed as Cube Nulane for 2023, so you might be able to get last year's one a bit cheaper).
I've been very happy with the bike, whether it's any better than the others on your list, I can't say.

Cool looking bike and nice spec'.

Top Bottom