Hybrid or road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Walshy

Regular
Sorry just my stupid phone deciding to post random things.

Ok im in late 50's...fit and decided to get a bike again. Would use it mainly on roads and the odd trail ( I found my last Gary Fisher Mountain Bike hard to ride in the end).
I would like upright handlebars as dont want to go racing like Wiggins or Hoy.

Any suggestions for something under £250?

There is no such thing as a hybrid bicycle. It's a vague, lazy term that does nothing but add confusion. Its been applied to such a variety of very different bikes that it has become meaningless. Almost every type bike on the road somehow combines elements or technology from another type. And if everything is a hybrid then nothing is a hybrid.

MarkF

Guru
A hybrid got me started (still have 2), with 32mm tyres and rack I could go anywhere, it was used for road riding, touring, trail & towpath from the start, it was a great introduction and one bike did it all. However, if I didn't live near such varied an easily accessible terrain, then I'd have bought a road bike.

mikmurray

Regular
I can't beleive this thread is on its second page and no one has mentioned a Btwin Triban 3! :whistle:
thats all i hear about on these type of threads.....Triban 3....Triban 3.....triban 3.....are they that such good bikes for the price?
are they good enough to be compared to the spesh secteur? or the defy range?
imay just be interested in the Triban 3

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Pound-for-pound, nothing comes close. Secteur and Defy are not less than 300 notes :tongue:

defy-one

I have a Defy 1 costing £1000
I have a triban 3 costing £300.
Happy riding either bike. Triban for work & when i need to carry stuff.
Defy for pleasure & fitness rides.
Yes the Triban with a better saddle is THAT good! :smile:

D

Deleted member 20519

I can't beleive this thread is on its second page and no one has mentioned a Btwin Triban 3! :whistle:

Look closely :whistle:

mzUYt.jpg

Top Bottom