Hybrid or road bike .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
to Revolt, Revolt(ing)...?? Is it black :whistle: ?
Yes... with a bit of red. Or silver with a bit of orange. :biggrin:

Fairly boring colour schemes I will admit.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Is it just me or does the Revolt frame geometry look a bit strange? Each to their own of course, that is only my opinion :wacko:
An alternative to that but with drop bars is the Giant Revolt. Disc brakes, can take a rack and fatter tyres, though it costs a little more

MikeW-71

Veteran
Is it just me or does the Revolt frame geometry look a bit strange? Each to their own of course, that is only my opinion :wacko:
It is a slightly odd-looking thing. I wasn't used to seeing a road bike with seatstays so low down, but it does give good compliance. It rides very much like my Defy 2, but a little more relaxed.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
i've been a convert to drop bars for nearly 40 years. My Thorn off-road tourer which is more.or less a.mountain bike has drop bars. I also notice that on my commute I pass, or at least am not passed by, quite a lot of much younger and more athletic looking chaps on hybrids. It's fair to say I've not spent the my 20 years extra cycling experience diligently training either . I spend at least half the time on the drops, which are doubly welcomed when there's a headwind and I prefer the drop position uphill too. At my age and lack of fitness I welcome anything that makes it easier.

Unless you've a bad back or other issue I can see no downside to drops.

I should mention, my current bike and its set-up fits me perfectly and my first proper bike (also drops) never quite did, so It is possible that drops may be harder to get just right

JPBoothy

Veteran
It is a slightly odd-looking thing. I wasn't used to seeing a road bike with seatstays so low down, but it does give good compliance. It rides very much like my Defy 2, but a little more relaxed.
That's the main thing.. According to my wife, If we all went by looks alone then I'd still be single :angry:

JPBoothy

Veteran
i've been a convert to drop bars for nearly 40 years. My Thorn off-road tourer which is more.or less a.mountain bike has drop bars. I also notice that on my commute I pass, or at least am not passed by, quite a lot of much younger and more athletic looking chaps on hybrids. It's fair to say I've not spent the my 20 years extra cycling experience diligently training either . I spend at least half the time on the drops, which are doubly welcomed when there's a headwind and I prefer the drop position uphill too. At my age and lack of fitness I welcome anything that makes it easier.

I should mention, my current bike and its set-up fits me perfectly and my first proper bike (also drops) never quite did, so It is possible that drops may be harder to get just right

Profpointy

Legendary Member

I should add that I also favour low gears (triple), pannier rack, and mudguards - which are featured on hybrids but are more difficult to get on pur "road" bikes - especially cheaper ones - so I'm really talking about auda, tourers, or maybe cyclo cross bikes

Top Bottom