Hydrolic brake help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where you would attach a pipe\syringe and push in fluid, get that screw hole as horizontally flat as you can and unscrew it. As you would attach\detach the syringe here, it will at some point be open to the air. It may be possible to drip a few drops of fluid in and screw it up again, especially if you already have a syringe. As the air gap will be at the top, adding fluid here will push that air out of the top in theory.

You certainly won't lose any more fluid from the system, but the important thing is to hold the lever in until the resevoir is tightened up again. Nothing ventured, nothing gained :smile:

I will just ask though, are the pads worn, because this would explain why the brake has more travel \ feels spongier than the other. Adding too much fluid will mean that you may have to expel some before fitting new thicker pads, in which case I wouldn't bother.

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
No they have quite a bit left on they are the same as the front, I've taken the pads out and gave them a light rub over with sand paper to see if this helps with biting the disc, haven't had chance to test ride yet, but if no different I'll try adding a drop more brake oil. Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Top Bottom