Hydrotac lenses - on cycling glasses : anyone using them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I can no longer read my Etrex when riding. These seem like a good solution allowing me to convert my cycling glasses into DIY bifocals.

Any thoughts?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I used them for a year or two. They worked really well. I have now found a couple of manufacturers who make bi-focal photochromic cycling specs ( I got the BBB ones).

Last edited:

Filippo

Work really well and you can cut them to fit, which always a bonus. I fitted these to a pair of Oakley Flak 2.0's which has quite a wrap on them for a gent today

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Absolutely recommended.

Got 2 sets to put into each of interchangeable lenses. Now I can see where I'm going and read the screen on my Garmin/phone when necessary.

Easily trimmed down in size if needed - I took 3mm off the top.

Ordered one set to try first, and then got the next - with 10% discount.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Absolutely recommended.

Got 2 sets to put into each of interchangeable lenses. Now I can see where I'm going and read the screen on my Garmin/phone when necessary.

Easily trimmed down in size if needed - I took 3mm off the top.

Ordered one set to try first, and then got the next - with 10% discount.
Mine have arrived. They will need to be trimmed.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
fitted and used for first time today. What a revelation. Should have got them years ago. I ended up breaking the rules and trimming the bottom not the top, to get them low enough whilst maxing out the coverage.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
They are a no-brainer, aren't they? I've been recommending them for years to fellow fishermen, who seemed determined to spend a billionty-seven pounds on prescription polarising glasses.

They are a no-brainer, aren't they? I've been recommending them for years to fellow fishermen, who seemed determined to spend a billionty-seven pounds on prescription polarising glasses.
There's none as deaf as those who don't want to hear. My solution has been the Elvex glasses as per the link posted above and I could not convince ONE of my 4- and 50-something friends to even test them. They all went for Oakley this and Bolle that. You just can't help some people, especially if they believe the solution has to be expensive.
I have plenty of these bifocal safety glasses all over the house, car, bicycle and kayak but when they eventually go to heaven, I'll try these stick-on's on ordinary sunglasses.
Like you say, these things change your life.

Top Bottom