1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypnotherapy

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Tinkstheminks, 9 Nov 2007.

1. Tinkstheminks

Tinkstheminks New Member

It's day 6 of my hypnotherapy... I decided to change my eating habbits once and for all and I am really feeling the benefits of it programme now!
    Angry, aggressive reactions to things of stress and distress have been replaced by calm control and I now seem to allow myself time to think about what is happening before I react!
    I can even manage to talk about Feckless around my young Son without getting angry, sarcastic or nasty!! I can't believe it.... and I seem to have lost my hunger pangs and over eating seems to be a thing other people do!! I can't eat fast, which is odd because I didn't even realise I was:becool:!!
    So.... heres to the next 6 days!!!
    :biggrin:

2. It's powerful stuff. One of my friends used it to give up smoking and it worked for him.

3. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Staff Member

I would be very interested to know how you progress. Have you only had one session so far? How did you find a reputable therapist?

4. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

Well done Tinks, keep up the good work!

5. girofan

girofan New Member

:biggrin: Had a friend who was an ex-teacher take up hypnotherapy. Ended with his having a heart attack! Physician heal thyself.:biggrin:

6. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

My wife had hyponotherapy to wean her off passionate sex - it seems to have worked:sad::blush:

7. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

You are getting sleepy...you will paypal me all you money...
    [​IMG]

8. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

No it hasn't :smile::blush:

9. OP
    OP
    Tinkstheminks

Tinkstheminks New Member

I have had 6 sessions and it is Paul Mckenna....
    All I can say is that I feel calm & happy for no particular reason at all :blush:
    I feel able to cope with anything... and oddly, even if I feel angry, I am just cross... not emotionally effected to the level I have been...:biggrin:
    I can't think...at the moment... of a reason to question the results, I feel quite happy to see how I go. :biggrin:
    If I can sort out this side of my life - the worlds mine for the taking! :smile:

10. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

So you don't find yourself chasing after mice or drinking milk out of a saucer on the floor each time the doorbell goes? (etc etc etc)

Weird stuff. I think his concentrated eating advice is pretty good but I just don't have the self-control (willpower?) to sustain it.

But then i guess the point of hypnotherapy is that it removes the effect of self-control and willpower from the equation.

11. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

How much is hypnosis? I've always been quite intrigued.
    Do you get a refund if you can't be hypnotized? I wouldn't mind having a session but I'd be wary of paying the money and then them totally failing to hypnotize me at all - I'm not that sure I could be hypnotized. Is it literally just swinging a watch in front of your eyes for a few seconds or do there exist any actual powerful techniques?

12. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

you should have gone to the hypnotist yourself when she was elsewhere and slipped him a few notes to do it 'wrong' :blush: :smile: