I’m a desperate woman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I must be.

I *loathe* using the turbo.

But the weather's been so awful. ;)

Next to my desk I spy my road bike hooked up to an Elite Real Axiom turbo...

I'm desperate indeed. :evil::sad::tongue:

Noodley

At least you can get on your bike, however unappealing the turbo may be :evil:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Just had my evening meal. I'll let that settle for an hour & a bit and then I should get my 4r$3 on the turbo even if it is only for 20-30 minutes. Blecch... but it'll do me good. :evil:

I did my houe on the turbo today. It was actually nice but I thought we were all going out so I did the turbo sesh. as that was quicker than going out. And then we didn't go out :evil:

graham56

Guru
Managed a few hours on the bike this morning, bright & sunny if a little cold in this neck of the woods.:evil: Beat the rain home by 1/2 hour and it hasn`t stopped since.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get on the road - it's only wet and windy ! - 30 mins on the road getting soaked and having to re-lube and wash the bike to 30 mins on the turbo....going out wins hands down. Only did 30 mins as had to be out again !

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
You could always get a wireless keyboard, put the bike when you can see the computer screen and go on here when your on the turbo.
Easy

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

I think I've discovered a new toy...

Husband set me a nice easy course. Fine as I just want to turn my legs over.

Then I see that as I turn the pedals, I have a lovely computer display of power output, speed, average speed, cadence, distance covered, distance left to cover, time taken...

ooh-err... with a bit of disco music in the backgorund I find I am actually sort of finding the thing fun and pedal a bit faster. I actually managed to break out into a sweat.

B*gg*r. This means I've got no excuse for not using it again!

Noodley

Crackle said:
I did my houe on the turbo today. It was actually nice but I thought we were all going out so I did the turbo sesh. as that was quicker than going out. And then we didn't go out :tongue:

I'm on the wounded list. Have been for about a month now. Thought it would only last a few days, but it doesnae look like I'll be on a bike again this year. Oh well, time to eat and gain some weight to lose again in the new year.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Noodley said:
I'm on the wounded list. Have been for about a month now. Thought it would only last a few days, but it doesnae look like I'll be on a bike again this year. Oh well, time to eat and gain some weight to lose again in the new year.

Whatever is the cause - I hope it resolves soon & you can get back on the bike.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
snorri said:
Sorry to hear that Noodley:sad:.
I am sure you will come back with renewed vigour and enthusiasm in the New Year.:tongue:

What's that about a nude vicar?:ohmy::ohmy::blush:

Oh no, I've been reading too many of Fnaar's posts, it's having a very unfortunate effect on me. :tongue:;):tongue:

*makes note to stay in Tea with (or without LoTP) tomorrow.

Top Bottom