1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m a desperate woman

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by wafflycat, 9 Dec 2007.

1. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

I must be.

I *loathe* using the turbo.

But the weather's been so awful. ;)

Next to my desk I spy my road bike hooked up to an Elite Real Axiom turbo...

I'm desperate indeed. :evil::sad::tongue:

2. Noodley

Noodley Guest

At least you can get on your bike, however unappealing the turbo may be :evil:

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

I do believe with a thread title like that you will be inundated with replies by tomorrow. Mostly, if not all, disappointed !! ;) :evil:

4. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Just had my evening meal. I'll let that settle for an hour & a bit and then I should get my 4r$3 on the turbo even if it is only for 20-30 minutes. Blecch... but it'll do me good. :evil:

5. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Can't you? If not why not? Or have I grabbed the wrong end of the stick?

6. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

I did my houe on the turbo today. It was actually nice but I thought we were all going out so I did the turbo sesh. as that was quicker than going out. And then we didn't go out :evil:

7. graham56

graham56 Veteran

Managed a few hours on the bike this morning, bright & sunny if a little cold in this neck of the woods.:evil: Beat the rain home by 1/2 hour and it hasn`t stopped since.

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Get on the road - it's only wet and windy ! - 30 mins on the road getting soaked and having to re-lube and wash the bike to 30 mins on the turbo....going out wins hands down. Only did 30 mins as had to be out again !

9. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

You could always get a wireless keyboard, put the bike when you can see the computer screen and go on here when your on the turbo.
    Easy

10. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Shouldnt of had your meal 1st - aftewards would have been better !

11. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

I think I've discovered a new toy...

Husband set me a nice easy course. Fine as I just want to turn my legs over.

Then I see that as I turn the pedals, I have a lovely computer display of power output, speed, average speed, cadence, distance covered, distance left to cover, time taken...

ooh-err... with a bit of disco music in the backgorund I find I am actually sort of finding the thing fun and pedal a bit faster. I actually managed to break out into a sweat.

B*gg*r. This means I've got no excuse for not using it again!

12. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I'm on the wounded list. Have been for about a month now. Thought it would only last a few days, but it doesnae look like I'll be on a bike again this year. Oh well, time to eat and gain some weight to lose again in the new year.

13. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Sorry to hear that Noodley:sad:.
    I am sure you will come back with renewed vigour and enthusiasm in the New Year.:tongue:

14. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Whatever is the cause - I hope it resolves soon & you can get back on the bike.

15. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral

What's that about a nude vicar?:ohmy::ohmy::blush:

Oh no, I've been reading too many of Fnaar's posts, it's having a very unfortunate effect on me. :tongue:;):tongue:

*makes note to stay in Tea with (or without LoTP) tomorrow.