I’M ON A PLANE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Guru
Depart 1650, EI169
Stalker :-)
I'm not entirely sure whether that smiley was deserved. One of the less attractive aspects of CycleChat is the lurking feeling that there are people waiting to pounce on any vaguely personal data and then demonstrate publicly that they have done so. Any individual incident (like, to be fair, this) can be seen as fun; the consistent pattern, rather less so.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm not entirely sure whether that smiley was deserved. One of the less attractive aspects of CycleChat is the lurking feeling that there are people waiting to pounce on any vaguely personal data and then demonstrate publicly that they have done so. Any individual incident (like, to be fair, this) can be seen as fun; the consistent pattern, rather less so.
I understand and note your concern.

In this case I’m comfortable with @classic33 post … we’ve both been around here a long time so I wanted to make it clear to others my comment was in jest….
If it was persons ‘unknown’ the response would be different (or not at all)….

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

He's probably gone up a cup size.
More like a whole pint!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Any customs delays - just interested to see if they went better than the press makes out.

3rd time now wearing smart trousers and a shirt. Most folk are still a bit 'casual' at work.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Trip 2. Düsseldorf.
I got ze paperz in order to enter Germany but screwed-up planning my return! So, on arrival booked and underwent a 12hr PCR, around 2100, got my car and shoved- off to the hotel.
Next day, no result, called helpline who would escalate the result. 18hrs and an email sent later….no result. Bedtime called helpline - still escalating. 0400… no result. Called helpline, guy says he thinks it fair to say there is no result and best bet if I want to get home is to go to the airport and get a 1.5hr test and they can reimburse the money after. 0500, drive to airport. Guy goes to lab. 30mins later calls to say I need to wait another 30mins. Remonstrate! Get 1.5hr test free. Drive back to hotel. Get to room, key no longer works, get replacement from reception. Snooze 45 mins.
Up, brekkie, shower, pack go to customer.
Taste products, have meeting, print off papers, complete government form, go to airport. Drop hire car. Go to check-in.

So far so good, BUT you need to go to a check-in desk to get papers checked rather than online or via machine. But checkin opens only as before 2 hrs before departure … so I retire for a beer and sarnie.

But then everybody on the flight is queuing for 2 check-in desks! Madness. By the time half of the pasengers have got theough there’s barely time to gorge oneself in the lounge or buy anything. Now you’d think for the sake of the shops and lounges they might open desks earlier or get more check-in desks open. Bonkers, no adapting to changing circumstances.

Rumour is we might be boarding….
It’s the glamour you know….

Last edited:
Top Bottom