I’ve bought a mountain bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
& don't stick your hand out when you do!
Exactly! That way, you just land on your shoulder instead. DAMHIKT...
On the upside, I now have a steel and titanium shoulder!
:biggrin:

Baldy

Über Member
I would suggest avoiding technical descents for now... I did a few and crashed when I first got my MTB. I got away with it but going over the handlebars on a steep rocky descent alone in the middle of nowhere an hour before sunset is not a good thing! :eek:
Yes, found that out last month.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, found that out last month.

[Goes off in search of gruesome details...]

Ah... :eek:

View attachment 588655

10/05/2021 All packed up ready for the 10.27 to Inverness. Setting out to do the Badgers Divide Trail, 338km from Inverness Castle to The Kilvingrove museum mostly off road.

27ish hours later

View attachment 588656

Crashed half way through the second day, just above Invermoriston. Didn't quite make it around one of the hairpin bends.

OUCH- GWS! :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You are supposed to roll forward gracefully and land on your feet with a theatrical '"Ta'daa!" :laugh:
Like this... :okay:

I once did a spectacularly wonderful involuntary dismount from my mountain bike though ... I was bombing down some singletrack which suddenly became deeply rutted. My wheels became trapped in the rut and I was not able to slow down enough before the rut came to an end. The front wheel dug in and launched me over the bars. My shoes unclipped themselves from the pedals and I cleared the handlebars, landed on my feet and was able to keep my balance by running away from the fallen bike! :becool: :laugh:

Top Bottom