I actually did it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbez

Distance: 2,638.68 mi
Time: 141:15:34 h:m:s
Elevation Gain: 64,680 ft
Avg Speed: 18.7 mph
Avg HR: 156 bpm
Avg Run Cadence: --
Avg Bike Cadence: 84 rpm
Calories: 148,621 C

Since Jan 2011 and possible 10% more when my garmin was not registering Thats only going to and from work and for most part 3-4 days per week no weekend rides or nothing If anyone wanted a reason for getting on their bike to go to work even part of the week just shows what can be achieved.

Hi Edge 705, how do you view your total data on the Edge 705? I have just bought a used one and would like to wipe the previous owners data so that I can start recording my own. Thanks.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well done SubAqua! My target for this year was 3000 miles, but after taking voluntary redundancy in April I increased the target to 4000 miles. It was going well so in July I increased it to 5000 miles! Started part time working in September and combined with the awful weather I waas struggling to get the miles in. So I have managed 4538; which if the weather forecast for western Scotland over the next week is to be believed, will NOT be increasing! Wet and windy, just for a change :sad:.

Edge705

Hi Edge 705, how do you view your total data on the Edge 705? I have just bought a used one and would like to wipe the previous owners data so that I can start recording my own. Thanks.

1) Turn off the edge
2) Press and Hold Mode and the on/off button until the message appears
3) Select Yes to clear all user data

This factory resets the edge so now you can set your own data up when done have a few rides and upload your data to garmin connect connect.garmin.com (if you have not done so already) and setup your account then just keep uploading your data in fact it does it automatically or you can do it manually but online is better than the device because if you lose your data it will put it back on the edge. In Garmin connect you can select a whole raft of reports days months years and other stuff as well its really good

If you want to view totals ion the edge you select history then scroll to day, week, or in this case Totals

Youve got a cracking peice of kit a great motivating tool and an excellent tool if your out on courses for example you can split your screen up so that its got speed cadence average ect ect but most of all when doing a course you can have distance to next and distance to go I find these great motivators because you can set your self mini targets really useful when doing big climbs. Also distance to next means you dont have to watch the screen for mapping you can concentrate on your riding. Ive updated to the edge 800 its got a few enhancements but little functional difference between the edge 705 apart from it will prompt you to start your ride if you forget to set the timer because dont forget when the timer is not started then your not recording anything welcome to the edge club

Top Bottom