I am a bad person for laughing at this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
But....I saw a guy open a car door as a Robin Reliant was driving past. The driver had to swerve suddenly and the car nearly toppled over sideways. The driver was less than impressed. Something about a funny-looking orange car with three wheel swerving suddenly and never toppling over cracked me up. And before you ask, no Robin Reliant drivers were harmed.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
[pedantic] Reliant Robin....[pedantic]

Seevio

Guru
[pedantic] Reliant Robin....[pedantic]
No, no no. Robin Reliant is in regular usage in English and thus becomes part of the language. This may make it one of the few (or unique?) irregular nouns.

This may be due to to the fact that most people associate Reliant with the Robin and struggle, without a good think or a google search, to name another model that Reliant made. (Yeah I looked them up and the other models are obvious after the fact)

Venod

Eh up
No, no no. Robin Reliant is in regular usage in English

I have been in one when one of the rear wheels lifted, it was a terrifying moment, but I have never heard them called Robin Reliants before.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A pal of mine who had a Robin was in a cave rescue team. Many meets and exercises needed him to drive up farm tracks for access, which was sometimes interesting if the wheel ruts were deep.

Recently I was entertaining a Nigerian visitor and we spotted a Robin parked by the road. He made me stop and he rushed back to take photos, the owner came out and got all suspicious and British when he saw a black man taking photos of his car.

Top Bottom