I AM A GOD!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
"God" :angry: you'll burn in hell, but well done on your 100 miles :thumbsup:

ps How long did it take you

Managed it in 5 hrs and 59 mins, set off really slow so I'd have something left for the end.
The tyre wall on the rear wheel started to tear at the 80 mile point so for the last 20 miles it felt oval :laugh:
I was praying it would hold for the last bit. It wasn't the 20 mile walk home that was bothering me, just the thought of getting close to the ton and then failing :wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Managed it in 5 hrs and 59 mins, set off really slow so I'd have something left for the end.

<bitter ironic laughter>
Ha! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

My first took me ten hours.

Bloody well done! :cheers::highfive::bravo:

(My second was part of a night ride to the coast, and involved York to Scarborough overnight, and then back during the day. 128 miles in total, a long breakfast stop, and a bastard headwind all the way home. Was out of the house for a total of 20 hours. When I got to Pocklington, 20 miles from home, I considered moving there to save riding the last bit)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Now there's an idea :laugh:

I was 'rescued': As I sat in the trike, exhausted, eating a Coop cheese sandwich, a figure loomed over me and said "Hello Sue!". It was someone I knew from Uni, who lived there. I must have looked awful, because she took me in and gave me tea, and set me up for the last bit, which I did on autopilot, singing to myself.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Veteran
Well done. My furthest in a day so far is 82 miles with 3 food stops! Lol

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
I had 3 pieces of flapjack and 4 Litres of water with High 5 in.
A very nice lady filled my bottles up for me at about the half way point. It was quite warm today so I was very grateful :rolleyes:
Only got off the bike twice though, once to get the bottles filled and once to check out the rear tyre :wacko:

TVC

I was 'rescued': As I sat in the trike, exhausted, eating a Coop cheese sandwich, a figure loomed over me and said "Hello Sue!". It was someone I knew from Uni, who lived there. I must have looked awful, because she took me in and gave me tea, and set me up for the last bit, which I did on autopilot, singing to myself.

Just out of curiosity, was it York Uni, and was his name Phil? If so I might know him as well.

Top Bottom