I am ashamed, very ashamed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
By the way, this is why they don't allow bikes

Why? The drive-thru facility is designed for motor vehicles and, on balance, we are concerned that use by cyclists could compromise their safety through: the necessarily close proximity with motor vehicles; the limited visibility of cycles (particularly given the sharp corners of the drive thru lane); and the difficulties of carrying food and drinks and retaining full control of a bicycle. In reaching this view we have consulted with our own Hygiene and Safety Department, the Highway Code, and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).

https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/help/faq/are-bicycles-allowed-through-drive-thru0.html

So there you have it.

Will they be ditching their Christmas advert of Santa's on bikes converging on one of their outlets?

Sharky

Guru
What did I miss? I spent my first 24 years with our there being a Mcdonald in the UK at all. I remember there was a Whimpy in the early 70's but I can't remember when I first went to a McD's. My kids really liked going in the 80's, but seldom go in one now.

Top Bottom