I am ashamed, very ashamed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Inspired by this thread I tried to buy food at Harwich drive thru McDonald's today.

Apparently "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED" when on a bicycle.

I explained quietly and calmly to the manager I was hungry, had money and didn't want to eat in.

His response?

"YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED. NOW LEAVE"

I'm never, ever, ever, ever, ever going back.

Not sure what other shops you mean?
You don’t need to spend much to get a free coffee in Waitrose :smile:

I have not been in a Waitrose for many years
That was the once The Princess of Wales went to when William was flying helicopters
but she never said hello
possibly because we were never there at the same time
as far as I know

so I would not know about Waitrose - we don;t seem to have them here - but they are building a second Aldi which may be a good way of defining the dominant demographic in the area

anyway - finally getting to the point
the other shops I was thinking of were Burger King and the like

Alex321

Veteran
Inspired by this thread I tried to buy food at Harwich drive thru McDonald's today.

I explained quietly and calmly to the manager I was hungry, had money and didn't want to eat in.

His response?

I'd be complaining to head office about that. An utterly ridiculous attitude, that I am sure is not shared by the majority of McD's (not that I often eat there, even when driving).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'd be complaining to head office about that. An utterly ridiculous attitude, that I am sure is not shared by the majority of McD's (not that I often eat there, even when driving).

It's Macdonald's standard practice. Bikes aren't allowed in drive thru. You can argue til you're blue in the face but them's the rules.

About 20 of us turned up to a Mcds on a Friday night ride at 3am only to find it was drive through only so we couldn't get anything.

Fortunately for us there was a 24h garage nearby that did way better food than you could ever get in a Mcds so all was well.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

His response?

they do also have a door on the front you can walk through and order takeaway from....just saying :whistle:

Top Bottom