I am having a run of bad luck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
It seems I have been involved in my third accident in as many weeks. Fortunately I am assured that it wasn't my fault, although I have no recollection of the accident at all, so I assume I must be suffering from amnesia. I have tried to phone the lovely lady back who assured me that it wasn't my fault, however her number won't connect now. This is a shame because it turns out she's the only one who saw this accident. I feel very good about myself, because all three accidents weren't my fault. Shame I can't remember those two either...:laugh:

Hope your luck changes to good luck, I could do with some

[QUOTE 5024640, member: 9609"]were you knocked unconscious (or can't you remember) do you have any other injuries ? If you were knocked out it is really really important you seek medial advice - seriously. You may feel ok now but if you have a brain bleed you may not wake up the morrow.[/QUOTE]
:wacko:

He's been getting a lot of cold calls from the "have you been in an accident that wasn't your fault?" folk and having a laugh with it.

sorry to ruin the joke @Welsh wheels

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
[QUOTE 5024686, member: 9609"]I wondered if it was a joke- sorry - there has been too many of us knocked over recently, my heart sank when I read his post

we get these calls as well, I always ask which accident and tell them I have ad 10 already this year, they seem to get confused and hang up, or start swearing which is wonderfully funny[/QUOTE]
Haha thanks for your concern if I had been injured

The nice lady rang the SmallestCub the other day, and (given that it was an unknown number) he handed me the phone. I literally burst out laughing at her seeming inability to understand that no, he hadn't been involved in an accident in his car. "You've cold-called a 10 year old. I'll say that again. He's 10." "But has he had an accident in his car?" "Of course he hasn't - he's 10!". She got all cross and hung up.

[QUOTE 5024686, member: 9609"]I wondered if it was a joke- sorry - there has been too many of us knocked over recently, my heart sank when I read his post

we get these calls as well, I always ask which accident and tell them I have ad 10 already this year, they seem to get confused and hang up, or start swearing which is wonderfully funny[/QUOTE]

I ask if they can claim for my amnesia they get all excited, yes of course we can...,, good because I don’t remember being in an accident
Someone else on here asked if your sure I can claim for being involved in a ten car pileup because the police said I was drunk and it was all my fault

Julia9054

Guru
[QUOTE 5024724, member: 10119"]The nice lady rang the SmallestCub the other day, and (given that it was an unknown number) he handed me the phone. I literally burst out laughing at her seeming inability to understand that no, he hadn't been involved in an accident in his car. "You've cold-called a 10 year old. I'll say that again. He's 10." "But has he had an accident in his car?" "Of course he hasn't - he's 10!". She got all cross and hung up.[/QUOTE]
Love this! I used to get my son to answer the house phone. His voice broke to a very deep bass ridiculously early and he used to love talking nonsense them. It used to take them ages to work out they weren't talking to a responsible adult!

I've shared this before, but once I got a text that asked "have you been in an accident?" For some reason I replied yes. A few seconds later my phone rang. "I'm calling from <indecipherable> and I'm calling about your recent accident" I replied "Sorry, what was your company's name?" and she hung up on me!

Apparently their scheme was so nefarious and yet stupid, that they only wanted to talk to people who didn't need to know whom they were speaking with.

Top Bottom