I am legend.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

Indeed.. 28 weeks later was vastly superior too. The first 20 minutes in that film were fantastic. I do love a good zombie flick.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Lardyboy said:
Don't want to spoil any ones enjoyment of this film, but in case you didn't know already it's a remake of "The Omega Man", which Mr. Will Smith has kept very quiet about in all the interviews he's been making.:sad:

I think there are a lot of remakes,or versions of other films,but i watch them on a take it for what it is thing,i either enjoy or dont,i did happen to enjoy this one though.

col said:
I think there are a lot of remakes,or versions of other films,but i watch them on a take it for what it is thing,i either enjoy or dont,i did happen to enjoy this one though.

I have the same attitude col, take it for what it is. What I do object to is when questioned about the project no mention was made of the previous films existence, or that it was based on a very interesting novel. If you read the press statements you were made to believe the film was a unique piece of work.

I will say that Mr. Smiths performance was one of his best in the first hour or so, but then got lost in the worst use of CGI I've witnessed for a long time and a sloppy ending!

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Lardyboy said:
I have the same attitude col, take it for what it is. What I do object to is when questioned about the project no mention was made of the previous films existence, or that it was based on a very interesting novel. If you read the press statements you were made to believe the film was a unique piece of work.

I will say that Mr. Smiths performance was one of his best in the first hour or so, but then got lost in the worst use of CGI I've witnessed for a long time and a sloppy ending!

I do like will smith,and enjoy most of what he has done,but have to agree,the ending could have been better.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i liked it. :ohmy: especially when Will Smith was doing his chin ups :ohmy:

reminded me of 28 days later.

i watched an interview with Will Smith and he did mention omega man.

Ben

Saw it at the weekend and was reasonably impressed though plot was full of holes (i.e. most distingusihed scientist with the best hope for a cure AND also under military law was allowed to remain in a desolate New York rather than in some kind of survivors' camp to work on his vaccine?)

But main reason for this post was to ask if anyone has ever heard of a novel called 'Hammerfall'. No idea of the author but probably American and written I would think in mid 1970s. It is another end-of-the-world survivalist story which I read while on exercise in the army. It was an excellent 'exercise' book; meaty, long and interesting while not difficult to read. I've always fancied re-reading it but have never come across it despite the occasional internet trawl etc. Anyone know anymore about it?

Top Bottom