I am my Dad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have Ma Baker and Rasputin on my old skool playlist in the car! Lol
Is that a boney m.... no im just pleased to see you :smile:

Bill93

Theres alot of good music being made by us younger guys in many genres but the only stuff that makes it in the charts is the simon cowell puppet produced trash. One thing I really do hate and I mean HATE is these new rappers who just talk about money, "bitches" and there "swag". I hate the way they degrade people, women especially.One of the worst songs of all time, not exaggerating either

There not all bad though, its a shame people like this guy isnt in the charts instead of the other idiots going on about how many peoples hes killed which they all lie about anyway.

Fave band gotta be the foo fighters though :smile:

OP
OP
T
I think your kids have pretty good taste. At least it's not some Simon Cowel musical pablum. It has balls.
I also like Bad Manners though and think Special Brew is a classic of its time. An ode to premium strength lager. Genius.

I am not complaining about the fact they like non SiCo music. In fact rather glad of it. I just don't understand it. Like when my dad didn't understand my music. At least he liked early rock, he was a Bill Haley fan.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Like when my dad didn't understand my music. At least he liked early rock, he was a Bill Haley fan.

As far as I can remember, apart from a million classical LPs my folks nod to anything else was The Beatles blue and red albums, Elvis 40 greatest hits and some Charlie Parker records.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I am not complaining about the fact they like non SiCo music. In fact rather glad of it. I just don't understand it. Like when my dad didn't understand my music. At least he liked early rock, he was a Bill Haley fan.
It's the first time I'd heard that particular band, group, collective, ensemble, and I thought it had merit. I think by exposing them to your tastes in music you have instilled in them an ability to discern quality which they have gone on to apply to their own tastes. We don't necessarily have to understand our kids music, it's good to know though that they are interested and into music in more than a very superficial way. I didn't think you were complaining about it or objecting. You seem able to diferentiate between liking music and being able to apreciate it despite not liking or understanding it.

compo

Veteran
Music? What music? There has been no music since the end of the 1960's. I will concede the odd half decent occasional hit but music has just continually degenerated to the mindless tripe that seeks to brainwash our kids nowadays.

I guess lots of generations say the same thing.:rolleyes:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Music? What music? There has been no music since the end of the 1960's. I will concede the odd half decent occasional hit but music has just continually degenerated to the mindless tripe that seeks to brainwash our kids nowadays.

I guess lots of generations say the same thing.:rolleyes:

You're not looking hard enough gramps, still lots of good stuff going on.

You're on a fast train to squaresville!

Vinyl never went away. Just look at the machinery from Rega and Pro-ject.

It always amuses me that most music I hear isn't the latest stuff, but 20+ year old songs. Either that or I'm listening to the wrong stations! :blink:

Top Bottom