I am not in the office at the moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
what's welsh for 'old story from last year'?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Fy postillion wedi cael ei daro gan fellten

rh100

Vidor06 said:
Its strange because as you say the story is from 2 years ago but on the BBC it is one of the top ten most read stories for the past 2 days.

That's happened a few times lately, there was one the other day about condoms, which was on the list but a few years old. I wonder if it's a bug or if for some reason they get picked up on again and re-read by loads of people.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
rh100 said:
That's happened a few times lately, there was one the other day about condoms, which was on the list but a few years old. I wonder if it's a bug or if for some reason they get picked up on again and re-read by loads of people.

Ditto the Grauniad... was looking at one of their 'most read' stories t'other day... it started to look familiar... I thought "I've never had a reading deja vu before" then looked at the date of article... it was 2008 also.

ASC1951

Guru
User76 said:
Does anyone in Wales only speak and read and understand Welsh?
Hardly any - IIRC the S4C broadcast, for instance, gets so few viewers that the official figures aren't released; somewhere in the low 00s, at a cost of lord knows what each.

Languages die out for a good reason, and I say that as someone from a long line of dark dirty Welshmen. Preserving them by legislation is about as sensible as the French banning English words from adverts.

Top Bottom