I am now booked in for LEJOG from 20 May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
:cheers:

shirokazan

Veteran
@jay clock , just seen your write-up of yesterday's ride. Bad luck but admire your tenacity to continue. Hope that's your quota of misfortune used up, and that the rest of the journey has great moments!

Katherine

Guru
You're doing well.
I am away, so missed you coming past Manchester.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
OK, I am home. Sadly only made it to Inverness. www.acrossbritain.uk. Pulled a hamstring and took a day off to rest, but realised I had many days of rest needed that I could not justify staying up there for. So car rented and drove home. Aiming to go back later in year and do a lightweight assault on the final 2-3 days

toffee

Guru
OK, I am home. Sadly only made it to Inverness. www.acrossbritain.uk. Pulled a hamstring and took a day off to rest, but realised I had many days of rest needed that I could not justify staying up there for. So car rented and drove home. Aiming to go back later in year and do a lightweight assault on the final 2-3 days

Sorry to hear of your troubles I was reading your blog with great interest.

Such a pain to have got so close and have to stop.

Good luck with the restart, whenever that is.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I hope you have better luck on your return.
I know you didn't get to ride them much but do you have any thoughts on the Conti's vs Marathons?
Better but there are too many variables. The Schwalbe are bigger and on 26" and aluminium bike versus the Contis on 700c and steel bike. But having tried the 28mm Schwalbes on a 700c bike previously, I ma fairly confident the Contis is a more comfy tyre. The P fairy did not visit with either on the trip.

Top Bottom