I am so angry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I am sat here fuming ,bubbling ready to rip somebodies head off.On Friday my son dropped his wallet on a local bus.The terminus is near Sainsbugs.Some scrote has gone in and done two lots of shopping.Then took another chance and done two more bouts of shopping,to a total of £180 before our lad missed his wallet and got the cards stopped.
I am so angry at the scum that could do that.Last summer i found a wallet ,during the evening me and Mrs Postman tracked the bloke down.He was a builder working close to us,and had been for a sarnie at the lo9cal cafe.Thanks to me he got his cards ALL HIS MONEY back.
God almighty i have not been this angry in years,what shoot walks this earth.
Sainsbugs tell me they will have cctv footage but we have to tell the Police first.
I'll keep you informed this and what with BT with my mother in law.Bloody hell fire.
Sorry for the rant but i feel better getting it out of my system.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Careful, it might have been a homeless person who stole it so you can't judge.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I once stood patiently at a cashpoint while a scruffy elderly man tried about a dozen cards in succession, each of which was rejected. And one Christmas we had our bank card skimmed at a restaurant near Bury called Mala (means Bad in Spanish) and a fake card was made in the name of Mrs Baig, who went shopping and made 42 small transactions to a total of £1700 before we realised we had nothing in the bank and stopped the card. We gave the Police a copy of our bank account for 48 hours, which was effectively Mrs Baig's itinerary as the places and times were all there. Could they be bothered to go and look at the CCTV? Could they hell.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm presuming you've informed the bank, who'll let their fraud department know. Linking that with the Police is sensible.

Unfortunately there are a small number of selfish individuals who don't care for anything except the immediate without consideration of consequences. If there's cctv my guess is that the Police will know who's done it.

I found a credit card in the road outside a school a few years ago. As we didn't know who it belonged to we contacted their bank who told us to cut it up and they would send the owner a new one. I felt sorry that the person would be without their card but it was the best thing to do.

tyreon

Horrible thing to have happened. Sympathies.

Would take me several days to get over it. Sh.............t

All you can do is say is ....just be more careful Try and console yourself it could have been worse. Ba............d!

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
ok update.It was not 180 it was a less,it seems maths in your head is not a good subject with my lad..The bank has refunded all his money.The journey went like this.
Goods bought at Sainsbugs Moor Allerton,then in to Leeds centre.A visit to a small supermarket store on Vicar Lane,then a phone card ,come newsagent kiosk near the St Johns Centre and finally late Friday night a One Stop Shop.
I hope the person homeless or not chokes on the food .

I handled loads of money over 34 years working for Royal Mail,i was even an acting gaffer and it never crossed my mind to steal your mail,which your trusted me to handle,i will calm down but i am disgusted,whoever it was is a gutless thief in my eyes.I don't care how hard up they are,it's stealing.His'our address was o his student id card so they could have sent it all back.

Ok now ths is closed.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
ok update.It was not 180 it was a less,it seems maths in your head is not a good subject with my lad..The bank has refunded all his money.The journey went like this.
Goods bought at Sainsbugs Moor Allerton,then in to Leeds centre.A visit to a small supermarket store on Vicar Lane,then a phone card ,come newsagent kiosk near the St Johns Centre and finally late Friday night a One Stop Shop.
I hope the person homeless or not chokes on the food .

I handled loads of money over 34 years working for Royal Mail,i was even an acting gaffer and it never crossed my mind to steal your mail,which your trusted me to handle,i will calm down but i am disgusted,whoever it was is a gutless thief in my eyes.I don't care how hard up they are,it's stealing.His'our address was o his student id card so they could have sent it all back.

Ok now ths is closed.

Postman, you have retained your integrity, and passed it on to your children.

Whoever took the wallet and spent the money has lost their integrity.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Was told recently by a retailer that the police don't bother investigating thefts of under £200.00, they will still issue a crime number though.
I was taken for £400 by a cash machine fraud. Four transactions at different cash machines within twenty minutes of my card being gobbled at the machine from which I was first trying to get cash. I reported it to First Direct within half an hour of my card not being returned but they already maxed out to my daily cash limit. I reported it to the police. Zero interest. First Direct reimbursed me within twelve hours.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I posted this in "Roadside finds 2017" this week. It shows honesty pays. ^_^ I was just really pleased to help someone out. But devouring the reward later was a bonus.

A wallet containing credit cards and all the guys HGV driving permits and licence. I traced him via the internet and rang him.

He came round to collect them and brought 2 boxes of chocolate and a bottle of wine as a thank you. I have never seen a guy so happy to get his property back. Without his licence and permits he would not have been able to work as a long distance lorry driver. He was due to drive to Poland that evening and had no idea he had lost his wallet

Top Bottom