I am suddenly wealthy.....what to do with it all ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
£25? Congratulations.

Afternoon tea for two at Patisserie Valerie (or some other similar establishment) perhaps?

It's a bit more memorable than new bar tape. ;)
TBH we already have a voucher for afternoon tea.....a present for our 50th. A problem is that neither of us eat cakes and we dont each much bread :blush:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
When the Euro lottery was over £100m a few weeks ago I decided to purchase a ticket via the app I had on my phone as my account still had £2.70, so enough for a ticket.

Imagine my excitement when I received an email telling me that me that there was message in my lottery account about my winnings. I was planning which model Aston Martin I would buy, where my overseas villa would be and whether to tell SWMBO. I excitedly logged into my account messages to be informed that I had won the princely sum of £2.40, a net loss of 10p.

I cancelled my trip to the dealer and logged out of the villa websites but didn't tell SWMBO as she would have wanted half the winnings.

Thanks for that story, after a challenging ( not in a good way) and somewhat tedious morning, that has made smile. Ta.

pawl

Legendary Member
Not yet, and an extra £25 might make all the difference...;)

Hells teeth I’d want a full cake for that,with gallons of coffee.

Edit. Just read northern Davs7 .They have just gone into administration.Phew saved my 25 quid.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Hells teeth I’d want a full cake for that,with gallons of coffee.

Edit. Just read northern Davs7 .They have just gone into administration.Phew saved my 25 quid.

You get all this, and unlimited hot drink refills - and most of their shops are still trading so the staff will be really pleased to see you :okay:

IMG_20181217_145936086.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I purchased £100 of premium bonds about 10 years ago and after 12 months checking I forgot all about them.
I have just had a form/cheque to say I have won the princely sum of ............. wait for it.........drum roll......
£25.00.
Now, what should I spend it all on ?
With that kind of cash, you could buy a major high-street store.....

Top Bottom