I Bought a Drone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As long as owners dont drone on and on about it :okay:

Big John

Guru
We had a kids drone in the office courtesy of our IT manager who'd received it as a freebie from one of our suppliers. Every Friday afternoon, when the boss wasn't in, we took it in turns to race it round a circuit we'd made up in the office. The fastest time recorded was the winner. Bearing in mind it was a proper cheapo drone and needed constant repairs (sellotape and pritstick) it was brilliant fun. Even the cheap ones are very stable when in flight and ours didn't take take a lot of practice before we became quite proficient with it. I'd love one!

Julia9054

Guru
We were waiting to disembark the ferry at IJmuiden in May this year for our annual cycling tour of the Netherlands. As you do, we got chatting to another group of cyclists about various bits of bikepacking, luggage and general bike set up. I had spent a considerable amount of money going ”pannier free” and was feeling a little proud of my new set up. Similarly, Al had invested in a GoPro and after several trial rides where we had lovely videos of tarmac, he’d worked it out and was preparing to get some great footage of our holiday.
I got chatting to this bloke about handlebar bags and ways to stop them bouncing around. He said “well, I only pack light stuff in them. Just my cameras and my drone”
Al has subsequently lost many man-points for only having a GoPro!!
Anyone else here cycle tour with a drone?

Chief Broom

Veteran
Drones are getting to be a real problem here in the highlands especially around nature reserves. Idiot tourists to get kudo's from posting pics on whatever social media they subscribe to fly drones close to seals and over protected areas. In the summer no one is going to see an osprey when these buzzing drones are scaring everything away. :rolleyes:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Drones are getting to be a real problem here in the highlands especially around nature reserves. Idiot tourists to get kudo's from posting pics on whatever social media they subscribe to fly drones close to seals and over protected areas. In the summer no one is going to see an osprey when these buzzing drones are scaring everything away. :rolleyes:

It’s a case of the stupid few spoiling it for everyone.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Best drone/bike footage, possibly ever

Footage starts at 2.14 (ish)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctEksNz7tqg&ab_channel=RedBull

Amazing stuff. And a perfect use for a drone, but how annoying would it be if every weekend warrior had one of these following them on a 5m tether.

Jody

Stubborn git
Amazing stuff. And a perfect use for a drone, but how annoying would it be if every weekend warrior had one of these following them on a 5m tether.

Can't disagree with that. Although this one was expertly piloted.

There are a few in my local MTB club who have started buying drones to follow them.

stephec

Legendary Member

Makes a good alternative to clay pigeon shooting though.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

We are not allowed to use drones in the New Forest, or I'd have bought one ages ago, but unless your really going to use it, it's more like an expensive toy

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We are not allowed to use drones in the New Forest, or I'd have bought one ages ago, but unless your really going to use it, it's more like an expensive toy

There are lots of rules about where you can and can’t use them.

But no one is policing it so it’s the wild west

Top Bottom