I can track stand! (nearly)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam Kennedy

I should probably be doing some As-Level revision, but instead I took my bike into the street to practice track standing, since the pavement is on a slight upwards slope. I can hold the track stand for about 30 seconds before I lose it.

Any tips for track standing on the flat, or even down hill?

[EDIT: This puts me to shame: http://i44.tinypic.com/ksvhl.jpg ]

Cheers,
Sam :sad:

TVC

Get back to your revision and stop showing off!!!! :sad::wacko:

RedBike

Don't try and stay stationary, keep moving.

If you're really skillfull then you can use the hill to go backwards .
Pedal forwards about a foot, roll back then repeat

Andy84

Veteran
I can't, and the cuts and grazes prove it!
I was trying yesterday and fell three times, I wont be trying again.

OP
OP
Sam Kennedy

Sam Kennedy

RedBike said:
Don't try and stay stationary, keep moving.

If you're really skillfull then you can use the hill to go backwards .
Pedal forwards about a foot, roll back then repeat

That's what I've been doing, but I roll forwards/backwards about 3-5 inches.

It's the flat which is making it hard, I know I'm supposed to do something with the brakes, but I can't figure it out :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I can track stand better on the road bike than the fixed...get that...odd........

I'm still carp compared to the humiliation one of our club mates used to give us...... - proper heavily built track rider...would just stand there on the road bike not moving.........bugger.......... felt inferior since................(many moons ago) in the 80's when track was not popular.......

Trumpettom001

I can trackstand on the flat in almost any gear on a mtb for whatever length of time i want.... but, on the road bike i have to be in 1st gear, and holding the bars at a very precisice spot... irritating, as i have more use for trackstanding in town than on the trails...

RedBike

By applying the front brake you can rock the bike back and forth using the spring in the fork to go backwards.
Basically its all about keeping moving without actually going anywhere.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I looooooove to trackstand, but i make sure i got plenty of space infront of me to bail out on if i need to.
I can do it on the flat as well as a slight slope. But on the flat due to not being able to go backwards i sometimes roll around at an angle if i can't hold my balance in the first place.

Top Bottom