I cant take any more of these boring TDF flat/sprinters stages !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guitars and Bikes

Eurosport commentators are really at the bottom of the barrel if all they have to talk about is how to make meringues and comparing recipes. These rides where a big bunch is meandering along a flat terrain discussing what was on tv last night are just insufferable. I know the riders cant go balls out all the time, but surely something has to be done about the overly long and tedious flat stages where the race lights up in the last 500m.

Its mountain stages, flat stages with savage crosswinds and uphill mountain time trials only for me now as far as TDF goes and I just cannot wait for Vuelta Espana to kick off.

G3CWI

Veteran
I do feel sorry for the commentators when there is nothing happening for many hours.

The full first week used to be pretty flat. Even the highlights was fairly boring apart from the last couple of minutes.

OP
OP
G

Guitars and Bikes

Some Erica Roe's streaking whilst the "race" grinds along on flat stages would surely be greatly appreciated by the tv viewers who are struggling to stay awake.

SWSteve

Guru
Eurosport commentators are really at the bottom of the barrel if all they have to talk about is how to make meringues and comparing recipes.

I’m actually enjoying the comments on regional foods during the stage.

Probably helps that pork fillet with apricot sounded incredible last weekend as I was trying to stay awake during the stage with a terrible hangover

coldash

Veteran
I’m actually enjoying the comments on regional foods during the stage.

Probably helps that pork fillet with apricot sounded incredible last weekend as I was trying to stay awake during the stage with a terrible hangover
Agreed. If the racing isn’t all that interesting then a bit of local info is welcome. Certainly better than listening to DM droning on

Ripple

Veteran
Russians have got a brilliant comentator. Sergey Kurdyukov. A man - wikipedia. Former cyclist, speaks few languages so he can easily translate all interviews during the races himself. He knows all interesting facts about every cyclist, their funny life moments, he tells you about castles/villages/towns etc en route during TdF. Looks like he knows everything. Even the most boring races are very interesting when listening to him.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Russians have got a brilliant comentator. Sergey Kurdyukov. A man - wikipedia. Former cyclist, speaks few languages so he can easily translate all interviews during the races himself. He knows all interesting facts about every cyclist, their funny life moments, he tells you about castles/villages/towns etc en route during TdF. Looks like he knows everything. Even the most boring races are very interesting when listening to him.
Does he mention if Zakarin is a state sponsored doper? ^_^

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not all Russian cyclists, just most Russian sportsmen!
But it was a joke, hey ho:smile:
Did you mean Sepp Kuss? I'd not heard that rumour:whistle:

pawl

Legendary Member
Eurosport commentators are really at the bottom of the barrel if all they have to talk about is how to make meringues and comparing recipes. These rides where a big bunch is meandering along a flat terrain discussing what was on tv last night are just insufferable. I know the riders cant go balls out all the time, but surely something has to be done about the overly long and tedious flat stages where the race lights up in the last 500m.

Its mountain stages, flat stages with savage crosswinds and uphill mountain time trials only for me now as far as TDF goes and I just cannot wait for Vuelta Espana to kick off.

Vuelta Espana is my favourite.

Adam4868

Guru
Why would you watch something if it bores you ? Maybe instead of watching 5 hours of racing,just watch a hours highlights ? I think this tour has been one of the best in a long while,maybe that's just being starved of sport in the current time though.I could quite happily watch the whole tour live for 21 stages in a row...if I was allowed which I'm not ! Still record it and watch at my leisure.Comentary really doesn't bother me,there's allways the volume button.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Why would you watch something if it bores you ? Maybe instead of watching 5 hours of racing,just watch a hours highlights ? I think this tour has been one of the best in a long while,maybe that's just being starved of sport in the current time though.I could quite happily watch the whole tour live for 21 stages in a row...if I was allowed which I'm not ! Still record it and watch at my leisure.Comentary really doesn't bother me,there's allways the volume button.
I enjoy correcting King Carlton although, to be fair, my 7 year old grandson is more clued up than him...^_^

Top Bottom