I despair with my mum at times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

My phone rings about 10 mins ago. Mrs Greedo answers and has a brief chat looks at the phone a bit confused, passes me the phone and say's "it's your Mum. She sounds a bit hyper"

the conversation then goes.

"Hello"

"hi it's Mum"

"Hi Mum"

"listen, your aunt Anne is round and your Dad's watching that debate nonsense and we're on the computer. Anne is showing me google street view, it's brilliant. We've looked up your house. Why don't you go outside and give us a wave" :evil:

Now you might think oh how sweet. Well if I tell you that on google street and you see our house, it is brilliant sunshine, there is blossom and leaves and flowers on the trees. At the moment the trees are as bald as coots, (and my Mum was round at the weekend and was herself commenting on how she always looks forward to coming round in the summer as the Magnolia tree we have is gorgeous) but the best bit is

it's bloody nearly pitch black outside at the moment :biggrin:

Mark_Robson

Bless her:laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mark_Robson said:
Bless her:laugh:

yes, bless.

It was sometime before my Mum realised that cashpoints didn't have a man sitting behind them giving the notes out.

I expect the next generation will roar with laughter as we grope our way through the future.

My Grandma wrote to my Mum, in the 70's, to tell her they'd had a phone installed. (think about that one - yes, we had a phone already....)

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Arch said:
I expect the next generation will roar with laughter as we grope our way through the future.

Why don't we just pretend that we don't know just to annoy them, and then do things whilst they aren't looking so they think they are going mad??

Just think, we could stage the biggest practical joke in history!! :evil:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mad Doug Biker said:
Why don't we just pretend that we don't know just to annoy them, and then do things whilst they aren't looking so they think they are going mad?? :evil:

oh, you bad bad man....

:biggrin:

A month ago, I found myself on the verge of asking my nephew how to operate my sister's DVD, when he wanted to watch a train DVD. (I needed to know how to switch the TV to DVD output)

He's 2 and a half.

Alas, although he knew how to load the disc, he's not been shown the button to press, so I had to ask my sister.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Arch said:
oh, you bad bad man....

:evil:

I know!

This is how I laugh when I think up an EVIL plan!!
The money would be nice too please!:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU

OP
OP
G

Greedo

mr Mag00 said:
hey fair play your mum is on the computer mine has no idea!

trust me when I say she was on it. She was looking at it. My Aunt was doing all the pressing of buttons:laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
My Mum fancies a laptop to replace her ancient PC. "Will I be able to get the internet on it" she asks...

To be fair, I'm a bit wary of big technology purchases, I always like to have advice, and fear I'll end up buying something that's obsolete in a month....

I think it comes partly from a very frugal upbringing. Any significant purchase, even when the price is not the issue, is a torture of choice and fear....

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I am normally like this (hence why I joined here to find out more about bikes. Unfortunately I seem to have made a few de - tours), and I do not own many electrical gadgets other than what I need, but last month, I BADLY needed a laptop for work I had to get finished, so I just went into a Curry's and bought a Dell with pretty good specifications, right there, right then!

Going into a shop and just buying something really expensive like that?? boy it felt SOOO good, and what's more, there was £100 off it!

Ok, so I had done a bit of research beforehand, but, still, I felt so pleased with myself.

Recession? what recession?? - to be fair, it was the last big purchase I made before the job I was doing came to an end. I'm now unemployed and wanting to go back to college to get better qualifications for the future (and the laptop will help me enormously, so it should be a pretty good purchase all round!).

The bike is on hold, but I will get something soon when I get enough money again.
The Tank will be my main set of wheels to/from the college of course as there is no way I'm locking a good bike up outside all day!

I'm contemplating getting it re - painted and overhauled at the same time.

Top Bottom