I did it...She has risen from the dead......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eventually, I have my lovely road bike fully upgraded and on the road.
I finished connecting and tweaking the gears and brakes then re-taped the bars then road tested her tonight..almost orgasmic!

Going from a battered 4-year ols Sora Drivetrain to part new part used 105 Groupset, new tyres, saddle, pedals and lots of TLC.....

DSC_3654.jpg DSC_3655.jpg DSC_3656.jpg DSC_3657.jpg DSC_3658.jpg DSC_3659.jpg

Aaaah.. I feel a song coming on...."Isnt she lovelyeee...isnt she wondeeerrfuuul"

OK - I'm sad

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Looks good to me, i do like a clean bike.

Very nice I like the colour coordination right down to the cable outer very swish and you didnt spend a fortune and did it yourself now that is satisfaction.

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Very nice I like the colour coordination right down to the cable outer very swish and you didnt spend a fortune and did it yourself now that is satisfaction.
Last summer I repalced all the cables with a red Jagwire kit for £22.
I replace all of the inners this time (new ones came with the mechs).
You could say the only oddity is that the new pedals are white - I got them as I needed new cleats which were £15 and I got them free with the pedals which were £19 in the sale!

The used kit - crank/chainrings, brakes, cassette, BB & shifters cost me £68, and it £70 for the new mechs and chain (excellent prices at Ribble)

I'm all for a bargain - new 105 front mech at LBS - £49.... Ribble - £19!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Looks really nice, did you get the right hand lever working ok?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:bravo: ! Looks really good and, as you say, very satisfying to have done it all yourself - and at bargain prices. :wahhey:

Did you build your own wheels as well ?

ps - You are not sad - you have achieved something of which to be justifiably proud. :thumbsup:
CHAPEAU !

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Looks really nice, did you get the right hand lever working ok?
Sorry - yes I did.
It was me being a chimp and fed the gear cable in incorrectly. It's reet cushty now.

Actually, I have never ridden another roadie since I bought this and the difference from Sora to 105 is brilliant.
So smooth and clean with excellent gear rations making a very good transition whichever way you need to lay the power down.
The STI's also make braking so much easier.

Thanks again Loco - really appreciated.

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
:bravo: ! Looks really good and, as you say, very satisfying to have done it all yourself - and at bargain prices. :wahhey:

Did you build your own wheels as well ?

ps - You are not sad - you have achieved something of which to be justifiably proud. :thumbsup:
CHAPEAU !

Cheers Scoosh.
The wheels are stock Fulcrum Racing 7's I bought (£94 the pair BNIB) after a hard hilly ride with very fast downhills and feeling the amount of flex in my wheels when cornering hard and fast - 44mph on a twisty downhill going from Hawes the Leyburn in North Yorkshire.
Lets just say that my glutes and sphincter both got a good workout that day :whistle:

I was like a little kid with a new brill toy last night - and me being 50!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Great, was a bit worried when you posted it wasn't working lol. Do you prefer the compact double 11-28 to the triple?

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Great, was a bit worried when you posted it wasn't working lol. Do you prefer the compact double 11-28 to the triple?
Can't really say as yet as last night was a short test ride of about 5 mins.
Hoping to get out later in the week or the weekend.

Top Bottom