i did it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
finished the wild wales challenge, all 82 miles of it, without getting off the bike for any reason other than scheduled stops. was knackered by the end, i had a laugh with a lady right at the end on the main road into bala. whenever the road rose even a couple of degrees, she'd breeze past. when it was downhill/flat, i powered past her. very nice carbon time bike she had too.

i was in my cc jersey (the club kit ordered failed to arrive in time), so hopefully i've promoted the forum to a few.

i'm especially chuffed as this is the furthest i've ridden in one go, and it was as challenging a ride as i've done, and our club runs take in the the high peak and staffordshire moorlands.

congrats to anyone here who did it, a clubmate reckons he saw another cc jersey in the car park.

Melvil

Much Congrats, Alex! Sounds knackering!

Good work on the CC jersey, too.

Yep - well done alecs - enjoy today! ;)

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
cheers all. the scenery was one of the highlights of the ride. if i'd taken a camera i would have been off the bike every five minutes to shoot stuff.

the entry fee was only £12, for which we got biccies/cake and all the tea we wanted at the two checkpoints and finish, plus a nice slate plaque to commemorate the event for those that finished it. there was also the safety net of a broom wagon which followed the last known rider on the road.

i'll be back next year, but with lower ratios on my rear cassette :biggrin:

i'd recommend the ride to anyone who feels they are fit enough to attempt it.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Chapeau ! :biggrin:

the scenery was one of the highlights of the ride. if i'd taken a camera i would have been off the bike every five minutes to shoot stuff.
Now you can do it again, in slow time - and take all those pics (without lots of pesky cyclists spoiling the views :biggrin:)

Top Bottom