I did not watch it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I’d like to offer an opinion but I have no idea what anyone is talking about, so I won’t.

It does not stop a lot of people.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just seeing the commercial for it put me off.Telly this is what they call telly entertainment.Girlfriends undercover,what a load of shoot.In the papers all reality tv people are called STARS,what a laugh.Garbage and utter sheet.You have no idea what a good telly prog looks like.Go back to the 50's and 60's.
Not a fan of Newsnight since Paxman left, eh?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And between the National Anthem at end of transmission at 11.30 or midnight and the start of daytime TV at mid day, you would have got a black screen.
Actually, as an oldish person (who started watching TV in 1960), I know that is incorrect!

What you would actually have got was something like this (SOME FLICKERING IMAGES!)...

(Minus the voice of an amused Aussie TV guy!)

I use things like Amazon prime / Sky Atlantic etc etc, for anything remotely palatable on the T.V. of late. You have far more choice, and better quality in my opinion.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Well I'm old and I think we are in a golden age of tv drama. From The Sopranos onwards, there has never been more quality tv drama on. Ok, much of it is on Netflix or Sky, but there is a load of good stuff available.

I love things like The Avengers, it hasn't aged much, but a lot of old tv comedy doesn't stand up to viewing with modern eyes. There are some great comedy shows, both UK and US out now though.

Where modern tv has nose dived is in the deluge of reality tv we get nowadays. If there is a worse show on tv than Naked Attraction, I have yet to find it. Anna Richardson used to be a serious journalist on consumer issues, now she gets a contestant to choose a date based on whether they like their junk - and you get to see their junk in all its glory, believe me. Such shows bring a cry of 'Monkey Tennis' in our house, after the episode where Alan Patridge pitches increasingly ridiculous tv ideas to a producer. Half the C4 and C5 schedules are Monkey Tennis.

Oldbloke

Guru
I saw the trailer for this, yet another reality show that our tv is deluged with these days, but gets high viewing figures to justify it....... This one with good looking young women secretly watching their good looking young boyfriends on holiday. The dialogue will mostly consist of the women saying 'OH MY GOD'.
Orland Sundry will be watching it.
Now you've gone and spoilt it for me saying that, shan't bother now.^_^

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't have a TV :becool:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Go back to the 50's and 60's.
I'm too young to really remember 60s tv, let alone 50s, but I'm old enough to remember just three channels and the little dot disappearing at the end of the evening, and I have to say old tyme telly brings to mind the joke about the three old Jewish women having lunch out - "The food here is terrible." "Yes...and such small portions."

screenman

Legendary Member
It was brilliant and I cannot wait until the next episode.

Only kidding, 10 seconds was enough and I only caught that because I was channel hopping, ended up watching something about the seventies for 5 minutes then went back to my book.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I’d like to offer an opinion but I have no idea what anyone is talking about, so I won’t.

I've noticed that it's generally much easier to have a fully formed unshakeable opinion on something, the less you actually know about the subject in hand..

It's some kind of inverse proportional reality equation or something.

I've no idea either, nor do I posses a telly.

So therefore, I pronounce this to be either

A) Utter carp.

Or

B) The most socially incisive, grittily compelling drama, since 'The Likely Lads'

Should we perhaps have a CC peoples vote on it??

Top Bottom