I didn't think much of the cycle parking facilities at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
They can't be expecting too many people arriving by bicycle.

11146291_10153243364403330_2274763698008854024_n.jpg
23mm tyres only.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If one can't lock one's bike on land at YSP, I suppose one could always Moore it at the lakeside...
:smile:

Don't worry ... considering the price I paid for a sandwich, coffee and cake there on a forum ride 5 years ago, your lunch is more likely to be stolen than your bike! :laugh:

We wandered about trying to find the restaurant/cafe. There were signs for 'The Underground Gallery' and that kind of thing but we didn't see a single one for the cafe!

By trial and error we finally located the cafe. We got quite a few strange looks from the massed crowds of art lovers. Who are these sweaty men in lycra?

My sandwich was very nice but £4.50 was a steep price to pay. My sandwich, cake and coffee came to £9.05 which is more than I could really afford. In fact, I had to dig right down into my small change and only just had enough to pay my bill! (5p to spare)

We saw a tripod next to a large black circle in the grass. We couldn't work out whether a surveyor had just stopped for a break or whether it was in fact a work of art, but there you go.

A big red metal cone with another big piece of red metal next to it was clearly 'art', where art is defined as 'It doesn't have a purpose, isn't natural and didn't get there by accident'!

Eventually we were ensconced in the cafe next to a wall displaying photographs of some of the 'works'. Deeply moving works such as a sign bearing the stimulating thoughts "We see through our eyes. We hear through our ears." Wow - I was so intrigued, I almost forgot to eat my sandwich! (Did I tell you that it cost £4.50?). In a flash of artistic brilliance, aJ came up with the concept of a sister work - a sheet of A3 paper on which he would write "We smell through our noses. We ride on our bikes." He has a bright future in The Art World!

Person 1: "Is that pile of bricks a work of art?"

Person 2: "How can we tell just by looking at the bricks?"

Person 1: "Well it's either art or it isn't!"

Person 2: "No, no, no! If an artist bought the bricks from a builders yard and installed them in the gallery - that is art. If delivery men merely dumped them there for builders to use in the new gallery extension, then they remain nothing more than a pile of bricks!"

Person 1: "Oh, I understand now - thank you - my life is enriched beyond measure!"
:whistle:

They can't be expecting too many people arriving by bicycle.

11146291_10153243364403330_2274763698008854024_n.jpg

Is that the weird anthromorphosised Rabbit??

Top Bottom