I don't beleive this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andsaw

A few months ago a truck turned and skidded towards me because i undertook him at a junction, all perfectly safe and no danger to anyone i might add, a few verbals and of he went, if i wasn't a new rider i probably would of crashed in to him and the outcome could of been worse, so reported him to the police as i had it all on camera.
When the police come and seen the footage he said that's Dangerous driving and nothing else, he had to send the company a form to find out who was driving and after establishing who it was, was going to question him, so, i gets a visit the other day and he said i have some bad news, he said he sent a section 59 form instead of a NOP form and that was that as he was supposed to sent it within 14 days, he told us he thinks he is going to get a bollocking and has been summoned to a disciplinary hearing for mucking it up as his inspector said we had him over a barrel, with the guy saying a dog run out in to the road and having a solicitor with him we couldn't get out of it, i was fuming as you can imagine.
What i cant understand is why a NOP form, i haven't heard of this before, i thought he would be questioned and then sent a summons to appear in court, have things changed, and is this just a get out clause for the police.

Drago

Legendary Member
The constable has fooked it up. There has to be an NIP issued within a certain period to charge with Dangerous Driving if the driver wasn't arrested at the time of the incident. Hopefully his Inspector will refer my to Professional Standards, as that's real Play School stuff he's messed up. If one of my officers had done that I'd have gone Schwarzenegger.

Edit - NIP = Notice of Intended Prosecution.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

Sorry, it was NIP got mixed up, i was saying to my missus, i bet i wont even get an official apology from them.

doog

A few months ago a truck turned and skidded towards me because i undertook him at a junction, all perfectly safe and no danger to anyone i might add, a few verbals and of he went, if i wasn't a new rider i probably would of crashed in to him and the outcome could of been worse, so reported him to the police as i had it all on camera.

What do you want ? It sounds like you want the driver simply bollocked (based on your wording)....despite the mess up there's nothing to stop them doing just that.

Top Bottom