I dont do Strava, just the speed of light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not very fast. No point using strava, the speed of light is more accurate.

I've timed it myself, it takes me between 80-90 minutes to cycle home from work (about 15miles). This is approximately the same time it takes a photon of light to escape the surface of the sun and arrive at Saturday.

For those that are interested the same journey takes light:

8 minutes to Earth
4 hours to Pluto
6.5 hours to Voyager 1
4 Years to proxima centouri
More than a lifetime by car!

OP
OP
U

User16625

Ooops, meant Saturn lol!

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
If you don't want to use Strava or similar type gizmos, but you are interested in the distance you cover, the website gmappedometer is useful.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

You can plan route to see how far you will cover, or cover a route you have ridden to see how far you have covered.

Looking at the snippets you posted, I was amazed once to hear that whilst Proxima Centauri is 4 light years from Earth, hence it takes 4 years for light to travel either way, at the fastest speed the human race could travel at, with existing technology, it would take 86,000 years for us to travel there.

I've timed it myself, it takes me between 80-90 minutes to cycle home from work (about 15miles). This is approximately the same time it takes a photon of light to escape the surface of the sun and arrive at Saturday.

8 minutes to Earth
4 hours to Pluto
6.5 hours to Voyager 1
Early in the day to start drinking.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
There's an idea, A 'Strava segment' involving space travel.
Yes, 86,000 years to get there on Voyager 1, how long on your Spesh, Cannondale, Giant, Dawes etc?

Sharky

Guru
The speed of light is often a lot slower than the scientists would have us believe.
Crossed the line at the end of a 10 last year and it was clearly a 26:59, yet it took a whole two seconds for the light to travel 10ft to the timekeeper who recorded 27:01

U

User6179

Muhammad Ali was so fast that when he turned the light off to get into bed at night he was in bed before it was dark .

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
The speed of light is often a lot slower than the scientists would have us believe.
Crossed the line at the end of a 10 last year and it was clearly a 26:59, yet it took a whole two seconds for the light to travel 10ft to the timekeeper who recorded 27:01

The exact same thing happened to me, that makes it data.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.

8 minutes to Earth
4 hours to Pluto
6.5 hours to Voyager 1

lightspeed...pah!.

Try warp drive:

warp speed chart.jpg

Top Bottom