I don't follow F1 but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Comparing the opportunities to overtake in MotoGP and F1 is laughable, it's extremely difficult. Some tracks offer some great overtaking though, especially in the middle of the field. I don't watch for that though, I love the tactics of the sport, and pit stops are integral to that, the tire choices can have such a huge impact on the race, it's fascinating to me.

Not really, There are less stringent rules on bike design, which means that a constructor like Yamaha design a bike that can corner like a beast, but lacks power on the straight, while others like ducati, Focus on a horsepower machine. That's another thing the FIA can do, lift some rules on car design.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Moto GP can be tedious, and I say that as someone who has attended bike races on a fair few occasions. They may make numerous overtakes per lap but most of them are pointless in the course of the whole race. And it often turns into just as much of a procession as F1, but without the pit stop strategies to liven it up.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
For Hamilton to do well he had to push it to the limit. At the limit any minor mistake that is made will be costly. A few where his mistakes, a few weren't.

Top Bottom