I don't get it :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigTam

Über Member
I know exactly how you feel, loads of excuses keep popping up for not jumping on the bike, but once I do get on, I can see all the good reasons for doing it, just wrap up well and jump on, you know you want to :bicycle:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
It's not for everybody ...but it's the best thing I ever did to improove my weight, BMI, blood pressure, fitness, stamina, and sperm count:eek::whistle: :giggle:

Noahs_arc

Regular
Set a contract with yourself:
Benefits :-
- Weight loss
- Get into the technical bits that may help (not that I'm an expert). Alternative geek.
- Set yourself a goal first sportive (small to start) Do it for charity even if it's for £10 that'll do.
- Big plus. Better Sleep > this results in hugh benefits, better wellbeing, refreshed, less moody, better decision making.
- It'll bring new opportunities to you. Sitting at home on a PC might not. It's who you know.
- You'll be more in tune with the environment. Ah sun ....ah fresh air.
- Adrenaline rushes. Better than sex, depends on the other half of course!
- You'll be able to run up stairs. Leave your mates behind!
- Better Cardio lessens risk of heart disease.
- Eat better (fish). Stay off the Flax seeds Brrrruuuup!

Cons:--
- Cars
- Getting ready to go out. Takes me an age! Get all your bits in one of those door hanger thingiesfor shoes that really helps.
- When it's bloody tooo cold. Personally I trade that off against a simple cant be bothered day.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
get yourself prepared mentally for what to do/say/feel when some moron driver chav hurls some pathetic abuse in your direction on th eroads...happens to all of us....but I remember when I first decided to get on a bike to loose BULK and how it dam nearly stopped me riding 'cos I felt so dam useless out there...then I realized it was them who were useless, me who was actually doing something positive and that in fact I was riding more than they were/could anyway. You may be more than capable to deal with it..I don tknow..all I am saying is that if you are ready in your head in advance there is less chance of it putting you off when it happens...everybody has the rioght to cycle and nobody has the right to take it away from another.

Persist and prevail.

Top Bottom