I dont like the valves on my schwalbe marathons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

P.H

Über Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
OMG is it really so dam hard to make a valve and a simple pump for these expensive tyres that actually works????? :biggrin:

This comment and the thread title make me wonder if there's been a misunderstanding. The tyres don't dictate the type of valve, if you prefer schraeder valves, get some tubes with them. You may need to enlarge the valve hole in the rim a bit, it's not a problem with rims that size. I do this with all my rims, that way I can use either type of valve.

roshi chris

I have a pump that halfords sold me

I think we have the problem. I have never found any problem with presta valves at all so I can only assume that its the pump thats the problem. Halfords are shoot you know.

sloe

Yeah but like BTFB I also loath those hoseless pumps, and I'm completely normal. I was brought up on pumps with a little hose on the end. Trying to pump up a tyre without a twiddle-on hose must be like having to have a wee without a willy. I've watched people pumping up their tyres with those piddling little mtb things - they look pissed off, sweaty, anxious and embarrassed - exactly like those folk without willies you occasionally catch having a wee.

alfablue

You want a tube? Get a Cycleaire
cyclaire-plus-ind.jpg

or a Topeak Road Morph

757535.jpg

Both very easy to use and attain high pressures (and they have gauges - Cyclaire's being a bit better)

Top Bottom