I don't want panniers, so...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I have a wald basket that has metal support struts. It doesn't move a mm even with heavy stuff in.
Support struts that rub on the headtube as you turn, like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wald-Easy-Release-Basket-White-3133WH/dp/B0012DZ8I8/ ?

clid61

Veteran
problem with seat lost mountef racks is limitrd weight capacity and rsiding centre of gravity, meaning bike more difficult to push. i have a lightweight one on my yukon.

i use a deuter cycling specific back pack which has mesh support keeping it off my back.= no sweaty back enen in 35/40 C on lonfon to paris last week

Is having a back pack on not raising the center of gravity more than a seat post mounted pack , just saying like !!!!!!!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Now that just looks like one of those bin bag holders the council use when walking around picking up litter, there's a reason it's reduced

Either that or it has a fishing tackle look to it

I'll pass thanks

When was the last time you saw a lady litter picking or fishing. ^_^

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Big no for baskets it just seems more of a girl / woman thing imo, if that's sexist so be it
Round the world cyclist Al Humphreys swears by them, preferring them over handlebar bags because of the ease of access they offer, comparatively.
MY ROUND THE WORLD KIT LIST (snip rest of list) ...granny-style shopping basket (so much better than a bar bag)...
http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/more/expedition-planning-advice/

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Why have front tray racks (pizza rack if you're American - like a butchers rack, but higher up and with a rail around) become so rare? Did I just not notice because it took trade bikes (with such racks welded onto the head or top tubes) ages to become rare around here?

PK99

Legendary Member
Is having a back pack on not raising the center of gravity more than a seat post mounted pack , just saying like !!!!!!!

read my post again. cofg of the BIKE is higher. henc when pushing it has a life of its own

Top Bottom