I fancy a new Bottom Bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Wocce Racer said:
Don't forget the fantastic British made Royce Titanium. I've had mine for 15 years with no problems.

http://www.genisysconsulting.co.uk/royce-uk/

:smile: That sounds like value for money, even if they don't "do" anodised. Hope my Royce hubs last as long...:wacko:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
okey doke... here is the new bit of bling Hope BB. straight out of the box and in situ with the new 105 Crankset.
Decided to go for the stainless steel rather then Ceramic.

ianrauk said:
okey doke... here is the new bit of bling Hope BB. straight out of the box and in situ with the new 105 Crankset.
Decided to go for the stainless steel rather then Ceramic.

Looks good Ian. Especially in comparison with my sorry state of bottem bracket and crank. Still cant get it to move. Gonna go to LBS in the morning.

On the plus side i will be going up north for measuring session very soon :blush:

Globalti

Legendary Member
You did well to choose Hope, they are a fantastic company based near here in Barnoldswick. Their after-sales service is excellent, I have heard many good things about them and looked around the factory too.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think so. Since the BB, I have also bought Hope QR skewers, Seat clamp, Spacers and a Head Doctor. All very well made stuff. May look at a set of road wheels.

Globalti said:
You did well to choose Hope, they are a fantastic company based near here in Barnoldswick. Their after-sales service is excellent, I have heard many good things about them and looked around the factory too.

dhague

Why the 105 crankset - doesn't the Roubaix Elite already come with one, or did I miss something?

Incidentally, I just ordered a few upgrades for my Roubaix:
Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels + a new 12-27 105 cassette (the stock wheels & cassette will be kept for rainy days, seeing as they've seen a lot of rain this winter already)
Planet X CNC Ultralight brake calipers (+ Ti skewers)
Continental GP4000s tyres

Looking forward to seeing what difference this lot makes. I've been upgrading my body too, of course: currently 65kg (14.5% body fat), down from 72kg / 16.5% fat this time last year. Hopefully this lot will translate into better sportive performance. ;)

Cheers,
Darren

dhague

OK, just realised that the Spesh Roubaix Elite comes with 105 shifters & mechs, but the crankset is the non-series FC-R550.

@ianrauk: Any idea what the weight difference is between the 105 crankset and the FC-R550?

Cheers,
Darren

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I haven't weighed it.. but it is noticeable in the hand.

dhague said:
OK, just realised that the Spesh Roubaix Elite comes with 105 shifters & mechs, but the crankset is the non-series FC-R550.

@ianrauk: Any idea what the weight difference is between the 105 crankset and the FC-R550?

Cheers,
Darren

Top Bottom