I feel conned ULEZ

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I feel it's a bit like the bus gates in Sheffield, in those all of them can be used by buses, taxis & cycles, but only some of them can be used by motorcycles, again there is a sign, which has either got a taxi a cycle & a motorcycle, or just a taxi & a cycle.

Haven't been into Sheffield on a motorbike for a few years there was one that didn't tell you that you couldn't use it until you got to it, by which time you had no option to use it, you were already in a one way bus lane with no access out of it, other than I suppose stopping getting off the bike & pushing back down the footpath. TBH I used it several times before I realised motorcycles shouldn't be using it, I also couldn't see the logic, it cut over a mile off the route & made it far safer.

I'll remember that next time I ride a motorcycle in Sheffield.

It's pretty unlikely to happen as I've never ridden a motorcycle, and I've only ever been to Sheffield once. But you never know.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I had to pay the congestion charge dropping Bolletta off at her uni accommodation last week, which is different to the emissions charges and covers a different area. I wasn't liable for the ULEZ. Like @Dogtrousers I've no real sympathy with the haterz. My inlaws live just off the A12 near Gants Hill (so outside any zones) and you can taste the particulates. They've all got asthma to some degree.

The TfL payment site is a hot mess though. Who logs in with a numerical ID any more?!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No need to come down to the North Circ. You could have come down the M11 along the M25 and then joined the A10 then straight into Picketts Lock.
Always a good idea to look at the map rather than rely on the Satnav :whistle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Why did you go south off the A406? Absolutely no need.

7F3B03E2-C062-40BE-8E25-D69F7BBCFB18.jpeg

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
No need to come down to the North Circ. You could have come down the M11 along the M25 and then joined the A10 then straight into Picketts Lock.
Always a good idea to look at the map rather than rely on the Satnav :whistle:

Once while working at Beckton Sewage works, a staff member arrived with a trailer load of kit. I asked how the journey was and he replied it was awful.....coming through central London. I mentioned avoiding the congestion charge by coming down the M11 which leads more or less directly to the site and that he'd have to cough up or the firm would get fiend but he could claim it back on expenses. I don't think he realised you can get the sat nav to avoid the LCC.....:okay:. Now its all ULEZ. Pricing up some work recently in Islington, it was going to cost us an extra £100 just to get there and park....for two days.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Once while working at Beckton Sewage works,
I imagine you typing that with a blissful smile on your face as fond memories of Beckton Sewage Works flood back.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

ULEZ Zone linkie

Not sure where you went 'wrong'.

ULEZ Linkie No Linkie, takes you to an expired page, it was happening all this morning as I was trying to get info. As to where I went 'wrong' I don't understand your statement, I didn't go wrong, I went exactly were I wanted to, just at the time I didn't know the consequences of it & trying to find that out on what I feel is an inadequate website was frustrating.

You travel the A406 Eastbound you can get off without incurring ULEZ charge, you travel the A406 Westbound you can't it is quite simple & a lesson learnt, but unless you know the fact that when they say inside the A406 they do mean right up to the edge of it & not the at the bottom of the slip road or after you have exited the roundabout.

If you are travelling up/down the A1 & it turns into the A1M there is an option to exit before you commit to the A1M or the M42 for that matter it would appear there is no such option for ULEZ

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
ULEZ Linkie No Linkie, takes you to an expired page, it was happening all this morning as I was trying to get info. As to where I went 'wrong' I don't understand your statement, I didn't go wrong, I went exactly were I wanted to, just at the time I didn't know the consequences of it & trying to find that out on what I feel is an inadequate website was frustrating.

You travel the A406 Eastbound you can get off without incurring ULEZ charge, you travel the A406 Westbound you can't it is quite simple & a lesson learnt, but unless you know the fact that when they say inside the A406 they do mean right up to the edge of it & not the at the bottom of the slip road or after you have exited the roundabout.

If you are travelling up/down the A1 & it turns into the A1M there is an option to exit before you commit to the A1M or the M42 for that matter it would appear there is no such option for ULEZ
By 'wrong' I meant to be lumbered with a charge.
The link now seems to take you to the TFL site, so go to Where it operates / view map and you can zoom in, if you wish.

Top Bottom