I find myself in need of...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
I have had 3 bouts of cold/cough since September. THREE!!! I normally have the immune system of an ox.
They always say infection above the neck, safe to continue exercising, if it's lower down then rest until better.
I have also had a cough for what feels like ages. Will breathing deeply help me cough up what needs to go and shorten the duration of my symptoms, will it drag stuff further down thus risking a chest infection or does it make no difference at all?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Woods 100 proof Navy rum. Accept no substitute....

BSOh

Über Member
Ha ha!

Seriously though, my nose starts streaming post-curry, mid-ride, and I start coughing up residual gunk as well.

The problem is that I would rather eat the curry after I get back. Still, it works almost as well without the bike ride .... :whistle:

Eeewwwwwww xx( :laugh:

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I believe that it's been shown that 'expectorants' are snake oil. A hot drink will do the same in terms of short-term relief, but mucus coming up is a good thing and a sign that your body is dealing with things very well on its own.
Two GP's (a married couple) at the dinner table last evening. Evenly divided on the evidence. Often the case.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'd rather eat worms.
tequila-worm-header.jpg

Top Bottom