I found a good use for Coca Cola and cider vinegar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I hate the taste of both, especially vinegar! xx( I actually bought some Coca Cola the other day. No, not to drink but to clean some gold jewelry. The jewelry wasn't that tarnished, but I did notice it was shining more after a bath in Cola, followed by a soaking in cider vinegar. Last night while rooting through a drawer for a bank card I found the 1807 George The Third penny, given to me by my long gone grandma in the 1960's. It's not worth much. I took it to a collector a few years ago expecting it to be worth a few hundred and was sadly surprised to hear that with it being worn/smoothed down it was worth a mere £2.50!:ohmy: He told me if it wasn't so worn down it'd be worth a 'staggering' £3.50. :rolleyes: Anyway, last night after finding this coin I decided to give it a soak in Cola, followed by a soak in vinegar. I thought some tarnish might come off the coin, but was pleasantly surprised to see the result!

nc_ohc=mg63cspc9m4AX9_OI0q&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=Jr2yOomTa3gAX_H3gXS&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=47QVvtTj1O0AX9y28bF&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=riOgf2tOxzIAX-rWl_9&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=fWvjyUBL5lkAX-Kvpdk&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=1A7vK2Jvy08AX9Dwu9P&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I used to use coca cola to prevent stomach bugs causing a problem after kayaking on certain rivers and whitewater centres. App what's called classic or full sugar works but other brands and diet typesI'm not so sure. It's good stuff as not much survives after a gut full of the drink.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I used to use coca cola to prevent stomach bugs causing a problem after kayaking on certain rivers and whitewater centres. App what's called classic or full sugar works but other brands and diet typesI'm not so sure. It's good stuff as not much survives after a gut full of the drink.

Yes, I did buy the low sugar one, but took it back to exchange it for the full sugar/traditional one. I like you am not too sure if the Cherry flavoured, apple flavoured, 'Zero', low caffeine etc etc ones would work. 🤔

My Brompton has become rusty in places through all weather use. Do you think coca cola would help with that? Rusted bolts mostly despite being stainless steel and only 2 years old!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I could sell this coin on fleabay. How about this..... For Sale. Solid 18 carat rose gold,:whistle: George The Third penny belonging to The Duke Of Wellington and kept in his pocket for emergencies, during the actual battle of Waterloo, in 1815!! £350 o.n.o

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I could sell this coin on fleabay. How about this..... For Sale. Solid 18 carat rose gold,:whistle: George The Third penny belonging to The Duke Of Wellington and kept in his pocket for emergencies, during the actual battle of Waterloo, in 1815!! £350 o.n.o

Another one.🤔

Top Bottom