I got lost..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..on Saturday; in fact I actually in some ways like getting lost as it shows you areas you dont know...

But the point is this - I took a farm track which was dry etc..but made me wonder about strength of bikes etc...

Ive 23mm tyres Mavic Aerosport rims..32hole wheels - they coped well.

Other than the tyre width their aint much difference between my bike and an MTB - lets not forget that prior to suspension forks things where quite standard other than the technical aspects gearing etc... !

;)

domtyler

Über Member
Most bikes will take a surprising degree of abuse before anything actually breaks. I think some of the carbon racing wheels etc may not take too kindly to dirt tracks though.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

domtyler said:
Most bikes will take a surprising degree of abuse before anything actually breaks. I think some of the carbon racing wheels etc may not take too kindly to dirt tracks though.

Took me back to me owld MTB days tracks and the likes...I'm gonna have to see about getting an MTB: hardtail as they're known now OR should that be hardhead ;):rolleyes:

Milo

Guru
I ride my road bike on sustrans paths which are normally compact gravel on the path near me and on towpath when im in London its not made of cheese after all.
However its much slower than I would go on a MTB.

bonj2

Road bikes will be able to handle rough stuff like going down kerbs, etc. NOW AND AGAIN, but the point is if you do it ALL THE TIME, then the wheels won't last long.

Top Bottom