I had to make a point.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
The company I work for has another branch in a different town.
We are having issues with 1 of our colleagues there, yesterday she asked me for paperwork then this morning she filled is a spreadsheet-incorrectly-and claimed it was late because I had only sent her the paperwork the night before. This made me very angry because I knew I had already sent it to her, so I found the email, attached to another, sent it to her, her boss and mine pointing out I had already sent her the paperwork on 9th of this month.
I don't want to come across as being pedantic or suchlike but I refuse to take the blame for something she has/hasn't done.

Slioch

Guru
I've worked alongside people like this. Most of them were useless and were trying to cover up their own inadequacies, but the odd one was clearly struggling and it was a sign they needed help and support.

You did the right thing, this other person lied, she couldn’t care less
about you or the trouble you would end up in, she did not do her work in
time, solution, blame you, if she did it on my watch she would be gone,
no one can depend on a liar, who knows how many innocent people
she has stabbed in the back, get rid.

OP
OP
Lullabelle

Lullabelle

Banana
I've worked alongside people like this. Most of them were useless and were trying to cover up their own inadequacies, but the odd one was clearly struggling and it was a sign they needed help and support.

We have spent a lot of time with her, guiding and supporting but she doesn't take things onboard, maybe she is out of her depth but she won't say anything so we don't know.

GetFatty

Über Member
First time I try to help, after that I make sure that seniors know exactly what I’ve done and what the other person has done. If the seniors choose to ignore it, we’ll I’m not afraid to change jobs and have done in the past

Your conscience should be clear.

Her sloppiness caused a problem and she tried to blame you.

Evidence suggested otherwise, so she has to deal with the consequences.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The company I work for has another branch in a different town.
We are having issues with 1 of our colleagues there, yesterday she asked me for paperwork then this morning she filled is a spreadsheet-incorrectly-and claimed it was late because I had only sent her the paperwork the night before. This made me very angry because I knew I had already sent it to her, so I found the email, attached to another, sent it to her, her boss and mine pointing out I had already sent her the paperwork on 9th of this month.
I don't want to come across as being pedantic or suchlike but I refuse to take the blame for something she has/hasn't done.

I like doing that when that happens.

Got a shirty email the other day from someone asking if we've invoiced someone.... the money would be handy they said. Emailed back with copy that was done a month ago, correct address and emailed company with a copy. Also told the shirty bugger that I shouldn't be doing stuff like this but have only done it because you have no admin support.

I was as equally shirty.

Levo-Lon

Guru
So why feel guilty or angry when you have a paper trail.. Leave it to the boss and just make a note of any dealings related to this employee.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
A nice person takes it on the chin.

I always say let the team take the credit when things go well, and when things go wrong take it on the chin yourself (if you're the manager / leader)

I don't go round blaming a butterfly flapping it wings in Bolivia as an excuse if things go wrong my end.

Top Bottom