I had to make a point.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Three mistakes of ANY kind and you're out with me . You dont even know they are mistakes , you just need to upset me 3 times .
Edit , i'm talking about the people that employ me not the people i employ .

OP
OP
Lullabelle

Lullabelle

Banana
Today the boss wanted to know why the accounts were late so my boss explained, for the 1st time he was told everything and was fuming.
My boss sent an email to our colleague and her boss pointing out the fact that things weren't happening as we agreed, no idea what the problem is but if we can support in anyway....etc..etc.. She had a reply 'moving forward I shall endeavour to...'
We will see :dry:

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I like to think I'm pretty easy going.... and that everyone makes a mistake sooner or later, or email can fail....

Either way I'd email them first with the proof saying they'd made the mistake and advise them to ask me first personally before taking it public (after all, that's what I would do to someone else). I'm not big on calling someone out with the big wigs until everything is known (like I said, anyone can make a mistake). If they email or call back apologizing or acknowledging, I'm pretty much done. If I don't hear anything back I'd be much more inclined to cya myself including calling out their mistake. I won't take the blame if it's not me, that's fair.

Pretty much I think far more is accomplished approaching someone one on one with a chance for them to save face, acknowledge and take action to correct it, rather than calling them out -however correctly -in the middle of a meeting full of suits. I hope someone else would treat me in the same way!

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom