I hate my bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Specifically the frame..

I just can't the get the power down...

The HeadTube is too high and as much as I lengthen the stem its not a situ. for a bit of low'ness...

I'm gonna have to get shut...& seek a new frame :girl:

Anyone want a ALU frame :girl:

walker

what do you mean you can't get the power down? are you sure it's your frame and not the rider that need's fixing?

Alu frames are good for converting power in my experience, have you tried changing the cranks? they might be too big

domtyler

Über Member
From what you've said here it sounds as if the problem may lie with the rider. Specifically a lack of strength and core fitness.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I can last the chainy's...

Do 25mls in 1.30 (with lights - very hilly).

It just is the frame size is specific to me - the seatube feels plenty far back (even though I adjust the seatpost to / in the middle of clamp) head tube the opposite ie steep.

Its a 'ride in the park bike' rather than a 'go for it' bike...

Moan bloody moan....

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

fossyant said:
What frame is it ?

Y6161T_BIG.jpg

Ive got the one up from this size...

If you take the actual dimentions; all they've done is: sloped the top-tube from a 23" bike.

bonj2

that's a fine bike yenners.
If it feels undoubtedly wrong but you can't pin down why, then go to a shop that does bike fitting and ask them to measure you up. Take your current bike with you, for reference - or don't, depending on whether or not you trust them to tell you it's wrong just so you'll buy a new one.

Try having a test ride on some others.

No expert here but I have looked at the Felt range and they do two specific ranges in the road bikes (as well as lots of others) one lot is designed sold as a softer more comfortable setup and the other a more full on racer.
If you look at the two they really do not seem much different to look at but i guess the setup is different. If you can pin down the difference then you can see if it is really the frame that is the problem.
It would be tragic to get a new bike and find you have the same problem. Have you tried borrowing another bike to try out?

walker

Over The Hill said:
No expert here but I have looked at the Felt range and they do two specific ranges in the road bikes (as well as lots of others) one lot is designed sold as a softer more comfortable setup and the other a more full on racer.
If you look at the two they really do not seem much different to look at but i guess the setup is different. If you can pin down the difference then you can see if it is really the frame that is the problem.
It would be tragic to get a new bike and find you have the same problem. Have you tried borrowing another bike to try out?

Sounds like a sportive frame and a racing frame, normally the difference is a longer head tube and shorter top tube

Top Bottom