I have a carrera vengace and want to change the folks

Want to know if theys are better then standard carrera vengance folks

• O

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • O

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jdotcook

I have a carrera vengace and want to change the folks but wondering if the ones i have found are better then the standard ones i have on it when i bought it from the shop

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-06-00-10-24.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-06-00-10-24.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_2018-06-06-00-10-12.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-06-00-10-12.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 58
I can't view the picture in enough detail, can you type up what the forks are that you're looking at?

OP
OP
J

Jdotcook

What folks should i get i dont have a lot of money to Spend? But i want to spray my bike matt black with shiney red bits so them folks locked perfect

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Looking at the description on those, it says you may not even get red knobs

What size wheel size for your bike ? 26 inch ?????

Drago

Legendary Member
What folks should i get i dont have a lot of money to Spend? But i want to spray my bike matt black with shiney red bits so them folks locked perfect

Some kind of rigid carbon fork of the type sold by Planet X. They work well, will shed the pounds, look saucy, and aren't disproportionately expensive relative to the bargain basement origins of the bike.

Jody

Stubborn git
What size steerer,travel and type of forks has your bike currently got?

The ABS+ would indicate similar dampers to Manitou air forks. I run a set of Manitou Marvel on my Anthem and they perform really well.

Drago

Legendary Member
It depends on the year, but most of them had Bumtours. They weigh as much as a small aircraft carrier, and are as well damped as a slice of Victoria sponge in a bowl of water.

Jody

Stubborn git
It depends on the year, but most of them had Bumtours. They weigh as much as a small aircraft carrier, and are as well damped as a slice of Victoria sponge in a bowl of water.

Anything is an upgrade then :laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have a carrera vengace and want to change the folks but wondering if the ones i have found are better then the standard ones i have on it when i bought it from the shop

Crc have Fox 34 forks in 120 for £250 this week.
You wont get better at this price, hurry
Forget that there all gone....

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jdotcook

Sr suntour is whats on it

Attachments

• DSC_0103.JPG
    DSC_0103.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0101.JPG
    DSC_0101.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0102.JPG
    DSC_0102.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0103.JPG
    DSC_0103.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0101.JPG
    DSC_0101.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0102.JPG
    DSC_0102.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 49
I think the forks in the pic are similar to the ones already fitted.

Many manufacturers produce a budget OEM (original equipment manufacture) fork supplied cheaply to the bike manufacturer to sell
Some produce a slightly better version for higher spec bikes and you get the fork manufacturer's name on there, but it's a model not available for general resale.

I have previously purchased a bike and taken the fork straight off and popped it on ebay, fitting an upgrade before ever riding the bike, others will have done the same.

The only benefit, I think, of the fork you've posted is it being new compared to the ones you already have.

what's your budget, we might be able to advise on what would be an upgrade that will be of benefit and last

Top Bottom