I have a permanent marker pen and a hi vis vest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
"Not so wide load anymore, and getting less unlike you!"

"Don't Kill Me!"

"Keep your eyes on the road - not my arse"

Arch

Married to Night Train
You can get equestrian vests that say "Please pass slow and wide"

A friend of mine said he'd need a full stop. "Please pass. Slow and Wide."

Cab

You've got one of those POLITE ones, haven't you Arch? (or did I imagine that?). How well does that work out?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cab said:
You've got one of those POLITE ones, haven't you Arch? (or did I imagine that?). How well does that work out?

I have.

I'm not sure. A large number of vehicles do still pass closely, but I don't know whether it's because:

a) They have time to see that it's not actually Police (quite possible in queueing traffic).
:biggrin: They don't notice the word at all (or me, even!)
c) They don't care whether it's Police or not. Which is kind of the most worrying, because that would mean they don't think they are doing anything wrong.

On the other hand, when cars do give me plenty of room, would they have done it anyway?

So it's hard to tell. I think, on balance, there are times it helps, but it's not been as clear cut as I thought it might be.

Arch said:
I have.

I'm not sure. A large number of vehicles do still pass closely, but I don't know whether it's because:

a) They have time to see that it's not actually Police (quite possible in queueing traffic).
:biggrin: They don't notice the word at all (or me, even!)
c) They don't care whether it's Police or not. Which is kind of the most worrying, because that would mean they don't think they are doing anything wrong.

On the other hand, when cars do give me plenty of room, would they have done it anyway?

So it's hard to tell. I think, on balance, there are times it helps, but it's not been as clear cut as I thought it might be.

d) They are illiterate and late to lectures. :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I passed a lovely young girl on a horse the other day and she had 'fine, frisky filly' written on her back. Corrrrrr!!!!!!!!

rich p said:
I passed a lovely young girl on a horse the other day and she had 'fine, frisky filly' written on her back. Corrrrrr!!!!!!!!

I urge you not put it in these terms in you statement to the police. It will only make the situation worse. :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
How about "How's my cycling? Phone 0800-CYCLECHAT"
Or, "If you can read this, you're too close"
Or, "Honk if you like lycra"
:biggrin:

Top Bottom